Chapter 22

***

Isha P.O.V

"Promise me," Adeel said looking into my eyes.

"What? " I asked in confusion.

"If I die with the hands of your husband, then do the factory reset of my mobile and laptop," He said holding my hands.

"I want to know what you watch on your mobile?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

He clears his throat and averts his gaze away in embarrassment.

Something is wrong with him.

We both came out of my car and we were in front of his suite. My palms were sweating as I was hell nervous.

I ring the doorbell and tap my feet impatiently.

I look at Adeel who was looking like a lost child.

"Don't worry, we will figure out everything," I said squeezing his hands.

Fahad opened the door and my gaze went to his grey orbs staring at me with a different emotion. I lick my lips in anticipation. His gaze went to our entwined hand and I saw him releasing a harsh breath.

"What are you doing here?" He asked Adeel while glaring at him.

I pull my hands away as I saw his jaw ticked.

"I -", Adeel said stammering while Fahad cut him off.

"I ask the assistant to come here not you. You can go back from where you had come," He said giving him a deadly glare.

"He came here with me," I said with confidence.

"I didn't allow you to bring other people in my suite, Did I?" He said making me embarrassed.

"I will be going," Adeel said and went away making my eyes wide.

"You always have your ways of embarrassed people, don't you? " I asked marching towards him.

"And like you always have a way to pissed me off," He said in a sarcastic tone.

"What I did? It was always you. After two years, I was finally happy but you came here to destroy everything. Why you can't let me live in peace? I am happy without you," I told him angrily.

"It doesn't seem like that. You won't agree but you are genuinely happy when you are near me. You won't agree but I know that you miss me like hell. You won't agree but I know that you love me a lot," He said looking into my eyes making goosebumps rise on my skin.

"I don't love you. I never did. I like Adeel," I said in a low voice expecting his anger on me.

But it didn't happen. I opened my eyes and saw him stifling his smile.

He leaned closer to me making me move backward until my back touches the wall.

"You think you will tell me that you like someone and I will believe you. You think you can run away from me by pretending that you love someone else. You can't love someone even if you want to. Because your heart always beats for me. No matter how much you try to hate me but you can't. You can't hate the person you love. I am not blind to see the love you hold for me in your eyes. It's always me," He said in a deep voice making my eyes wide.

I closed my eyes for a brief second as the pain was resurfacing in my mind.

He's right.

"You are right. I love you. I always did. But you just broke me. I wish I could stop loving you. But I know it's not possible. Even after everything you did to me, my heart still beats for you. You don't have an idea what I have gone through. It's that you called love when you can't trust your partner. You always tell me that I am your forever but you didn't trust me. We plan our future together. I have hoped so much about our beautiful future but you destroy everything," I said while tears streamed down my cheeks.