Chapter 33

Hania P.O.V

"Great. Just Great. You also leave me alone. You know what, I don't need anyone to be there for me. I am enough for myself," I said with an exasperated sigh.

"Hani, you know it's not in my hand. I also have my work pilings up. I am just done with my exams. You know I won't intentionally leave your special day," Azeem explained.

It's my national painting exhibition day. I should be happy, right? But I am not. The loneliness is killing me from inside me. I was hoping to see my family together on my special day. Is it too much to ask?

"So I guess you are skipping the special day of your sister," I said with a sigh.

"I have to. But don't worry. I will make up for you when I will return," Azeem said in a reassuring tone.

I let out a frustrated sigh and ended the call.

My gaze went to the diamond studs on the vanity table. I put on diamond studs while I looked into my appearance. I didn't took much effort today. I was wearing a light peach color Kurti with a magenta pink chiffon dupatta. I applied nude lipstick to complete my look.

The knock on the door startled me. The maid came in and informed me that someone came to meet me.

I fixed my hair and went to the living room.

My eyes widen at the sight of me.

He was there in front of me. My heart began to beat faster as I catch a glimpse of him.

My heartbeat accelerated when his gaze fell on me. I was beyond speechless.

After all those years, he dares to come here and faced me. I finally learn to let go of him the moment he makes fun of my love for him. Why he is back? He inflicted enough pain in me.

"Hania," Faraz whispered in a low voice. My eyes watered as I felt like my heart would burst any minute.

His voice was gentle yet hold the kind of love I was craving for. My heart skips a beat as my name rolled over his tongue.

He was looking handsome than ever. There was a stubble beard on his jaw. He drew his eyebrows closer when I didn't utter a word.

Faraz leaned closer and stands in front of me. I was in a daze as I didn't notice him towering towards me. Heat crept up to my cheeks when his finger slightly touched mine making me jolt. His silence was giving me enough reason not to move.

Faraz tucked the stray of hair behind my ears while staring right into my eyes.

"I missed you," Faraz said in his deep voice sending shivers ran down my back.

I was startled by his words. I stare into his ocean blue eyes which were begging me to utter a word.

Anger swirled through me and I harshly pulled him away.

"STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME," I shouted at the top of my lungs. Tears stained my cheeks while hatred for him fill in my heart.

I hate him. I hate him a lot.

"Nia, I can explain to you. I never wanted to be away from you. I just wanted you to be happy," Faraz said cupping my cheeks.

"Then why are you back? I am happy. I really am. My happiness doesn't revolve around you. I just wanted you to be away from my life," I said grabbing his collar.

"I just can't live without you. It's difficult to even breathe knowing that you hate me," Faraz said making me speechless.

I gulped down my tears as I stare right into his eyes which were sparkling with different kinds of emotions.