Chapter 39

***

Isha P.O.V

I was terrified. I never expected this. I never expect all those things that my life has given me.

I tightly clutch the railing while fixing my shawl as it was slipping from my shoulder.

"Abiha," A gasp escaped my lips.

My throat bobbed and fear crawled inside my mind. I felt my whole body shaking with anxiety.

"I am not talking about the friend of yours if that concern," Zafar shrugged his shoulder making me relief a sigh.

"But what are Fahad's faults in all of this? It's not his fault that you failed in finding the love of your life. It's not his fault that he is successful and hardworking.  It's not his fault that Abiha fell in love with my husband. I am so happy that she is not here. Otherwise, I wouldn't have spared her. How she can dare to lay her eyes on my husband," I gritted my teeth as rage-filled inside me.

He chuckled darkly while raking his fingers through his hair.

"I don't care whose fault was that. But your husband will pay the price for it," Zafar smirked.

I felt someone gaze on me as I was feeling too terrified to turn around. I took a deep breath and turn around. But there was no one.

"See you in the morning, sweetheart," Zafar smirked making me scrunch my nose.

I tightened the hold on my shawl as few tears drop on my cheeks. I wiped my tears as I was too lost in my thoughts. I just want to get out of this problem and I will find a way.

***

A few days later

I tapped my foot anxiously as I was sitting in the gynecologist clinic. I was very nervous and thrilled. For the past few days, I was emotionally and physically unstable. I can't even eat the morsel of food without feeling nauseous. I throw up everything I ate. I know it's a sign of pregnancy but I still wanna confirm to with the doctor before breaking the news to everyone.

As for Fahad, I avoid talking to him. I just felt like a betrayer. I couldn't control myself from crying whenever I see him. It broke my heart seeing him so helpless.

Aisa lagta hai ke maine uss ka dil toda hai. Uski mohabbat ka mazaak banaya hai. Uska maan toda hai, I thought as tears appeared in my eyes.

(It feels like I broke his heart. It feels like I make the joke out of his love and feelings. It feels like I broke his trust)

I was startled when the nurse called me for my appointment. I was nervous when I sat on the seat. The doctor fixed her glasses and gave me the skeptical look.

"Are you married?" She asked to which I slowly nodded my head.

"Where is your husband?" She asked again making me embarrassed.

"He is a little busy. So he was unable to come," I lied to which let out a heavy sigh.

"I don't know if you are saying the truth or not, I want to let you know that you are a week pregnant. I have checked your reports twice and you are pregnant. There is a thing I need to discuss in presence of your husband," She sighed and closed the file.

I was just frozen. Pregnant. I am pregnant. The words kept ringing in my ear and I was unable to hear anything else. I am going to have a child. Few tears fell on my cheekbones as my whole body was screaming with excitement.

I am going to start a family with the man I love. The most perfect husband anyone could ask for. I smiled lightly while wiping my tears with my fingers.