Chapter 18

***

Isha P.O.V

"You've got some serious explaining to do," she said folding her arms on her chest while giving me a deadly glare.

I gave her a sheepish smile to escape from her wrath but she didn't welcome it. She moves aside giving me a space to enter the apartment. I remove my shoes and flopped on the couch.

She sat in front of me scrutinizing me. I gave her a questioning look and she gave me a glass of water.

I gulped down the glass of water as I know what's coming next.

"Now tell me where were you last night?" she asked in a calm tone. But I know that she is anything but calm.

"I-," I was unable to form the sentence because she was all ready to kill me.

"Don't you dare lie to me Isha? Consequences won't be good," she said challenging me.

"I was with Fahad," I said in a low voice while her mouth hung open.

"Are you in your senses?" She asked in bewilderment making me scared.

"It's not like what you are thinking. I was kind of stuck there," I said explaining to her.

"You better tell me everything from the start," she threatened me.

I told her the truth of what exactly happens. I won't be gaining anything from lying to her. She will eventually find out the truth.
Her eyes became wide as she was looking at me with shock.

"And the most shocking thing is that Azman is behind all these incidents," I said while a frown creased on my forehead.

"I don't doubt it. I felt like his intention is not good from the start," she said with disappointment.

"Police had caught him but he runs away from there," I said with a worried lace in my tone.

"How can he just run away? I am sure someone's helping me out. You don't have an idea of how much I am worried about the whole situation. He can harm us," she said with a frown crease on her forehead.

"Fahad told me not to worry about it. He will handle the situation and he won't dare to harm us," I said tucking the piece of hair behind my ear. A blush covered my cheeks as I remember the time I spend with him. It was indeed a beautiful moment.

"What are you thinking right now?" she said narrowing her eyes at me. Her words bought me out of my trance.

"You are my best friend and I won't lie to you. I felt like I am falling from him all over again. It's just I felt butterflies in my stomach whenever he's close to me. After a long time, I am feeling so happy and satisfied. I am feeling peace in my heart. It was so a beautiful moment for me that I want to live it all over again. It's just I can't be away from him anymore," I said while my heart was bursting with happiness.

"Have you lost your mind? You have become so whipped that you are unable to see anything else," she said while looking at me with disappointment.

"What are you trying to say?" I asked while I felt bad as she was disappointed with me.

"You know very well what I am talking about. You are playing with your life without thinking of the consequences. It will just destroy you," she said in pure frustration.

Tears build up inside my eyes.

"You are just destroying yourself by giving him another chance. Don't take any decision in a hurry which you might regret later," she said while looking at me.