Chapter 13

Isha P.O.V

I rubbed my arms as I was feeling cold. He was sitting in front of me looking at me with a smirk.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

"I believe that when we desire something from our heart then the whole universe will work towards getting you that", He said with a smirk.

" Stop using filmy dialogue", I said stifling a smile.

He didn't utter just passed me a beautiful smile.

"How's Azeem? I haven't heard him for a long time", I asked him.

" He has completely engrossed himself in his studies. He is also doing a part-time job in Canada. He is preparing to be a COO in the company", Fahad said with a proud smile.

"It seems like he is changed now", I said looking at Fahad.

" Love changes everyone", He muttered in a low voice but I heard him.

I shifted in my place as I was feeling uncomfortable by his words.

There was the phone ringing which broke the uncomfortable silence which was prevailing around.

It was Fahad's phone ringing. He picked up the call and start ordering the caller angrily.

"Dammit. Reach here in half an hour or you will be fired", He said angrily and ended the call.

" It's not necessary to be rude to everyone. You can talk politely", I explained to him.

"There's no benefit in being polite with someone. People change even if you love them with all your heart. We got nothing even after giving our best to them", He said with a hurt reflecting in his tone.

I averted my gaze away as his words hit me hard.

" I am sorry. I didn't mean to bring up the past", He said in an apologetic tone.

I nodded my head wrapping my arms around myself.

"Do you want to talk to Azeem?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

I haven't talked to him in two years. Things are different now but I still miss him. He was like a younger brother to me. Though he is annoying, he is an amazing one.

I nodded my head in reply.

He came towards me and settled beside me. I felt goosebumps as his skin brushed mine. My body was shaking with nervousness as he was sitting just beside me. I took a deep breath to calm down my nerves.

After a few minutes of calling, Azeem finally attended his call.

"How are you?" I asked him as my eyes were filled with tears.

"I am fine. What about you? You didn't call me in two years", He said and I felt the sudden urge to cry my heart out.

I am so distanced from my family.

" Leave it. When are you coming back to India?" Fahad asked changing the topic.

"I don't know. My internship is going very well and my exams will be in a month", He replied.

" Best of luck with your exam", I said with a smile.

"So, when I'm going to become an uncle?" He asked with a chuckle.

And the old Azeem is back.

I felt embarrassed all of the sudden. I moved away a bit from him.

"I am going to call you later", Fahad said as his ears were turning red.