Chapter 31

***

Isha P. O.V

"Please, stop looking at me with that expression. You both are scaring me," I said looking at Adeel and Abiha.

They have a baffled expression plastered on their face. I just told them about how Fahad came to know about Azaan and what conditions he put forward.

Fahad was in the other room with Azaan.

"You just left me speechless," Abiha said regaining her composure.

"I told you earlier. It was bound to happen. You happened to hide Azaan from him," Adeel said in a sarcastic tone making me glared at him.

"I don't care what he feels about me. I am just the mother of his child in his eyes," I said in a low voice while hugging my legs near my chest.

"You do care, Isha. No matter how much you pulled the act of being strong and tough. I can see your vulnerability in your eyes," Adeel said while looking into my eyes.

"So you are going to leave this apartment forever?" Abiha asked putting her head on my shoulder.

"I don't know. I don't have an idea how far this will go. I am trying to work things out. Fahad isn't ready to leave Azaan even for a minute. I am going to his suite until we get back to India. We are going back to India in few days," I said with a sigh.

"Will you meet your parents?" Adeel asked making my heart skips a beat.

"I know they are also hurt and they have also experienced worst. But something is stopping me. It's trust," I told them.

"But you are in a talking term with Fahad? Isn't he the reason behind all these?" Abiha asked.

"I know. I still haven't forgotten anything. I am just doing all these just to stay near my child. I know he hasn't trusted me. Many incidents happened that week which makes him suspicious of me. But he still trusted me at that time. He never raised a finger on me. He never questions me but he comforts me. I know I wouldn't have reacted the same if I were in his place. But after he found me with that bastard, it was the end for him. Fahad wasn't able to control his anger. The part was broken knowing that he wouldn't trust me this time. I was just speechless. It was like a slap on my face.

But my parents didn't trust me. They just believe whatever Fahad said. I didn't expect that from them. They were supposed to stand by me. I don't hate my family. I just don't have the heart to go back to them and pretend like everything is normal," I said while tears were building inside my eyes.

"I will miss you so much," Abiha said wrapping her hands around my neck.

"Abiha, please come to India with me. I won't be able to handle the things alone," I said in a pleading tone.

"I will come after few days. I have to take care of something," Abiha said pulling away a bit.

"I will miss you Adeel. You were always a great friend and a brother to me. I will always be grateful to you. You were always there in my hard times," I said while putting my forehead on his shoulder.

"Isha, relax. It's not like we are not going to meet ever again. I am just a call away. You can annoy anytime you want. You will always be my annoying little sister," Adeel said putting his head on mine.

I felt someone gaze on me but I shrugged my thoughts away.

***

I twisted the doorknob and entered the room.

Fahad was laying on the bed with Azaan beside him playing with his toys.

I sat on the edge of the bed maintaining distance with Fahad. I took Azaan in my arms and he giggles.