Chapter 7

Isha P.O.V

As the car came to halt, I immediately step out of the car.

"Wait. I have to talk to you about something", I heard Azman's voice.

" Can't it wait? I am already late for the meeting", I said glaring at him.

"I want to apologize to you for being so impolite. I won't bother you again ", He said in a sincere tone while holding my hand.

I immediately remove my hand from his hold and glare at him.

" You better not bother me again", I told him and walked away.

I hurriedly enter the lift and press the button of the respective floor. I fix my hair with my fingers as I look into my appearance. My heart was thumping loudly as I was feeling a little nervous. I still can't get over the fact that I am going to meet him in a few minutes.

As the elevator stopped, I immediately run towards the conference room.

"You are so late. I have to cover up for you. I can't believe that you are late on the day of a very important meeting. The investors have already arrived", Adeel said glaring at me.

" I was working late at night. That's the reason, I am late", I informed him.

"I know you will prove yourself right once again. Just go and rock the presentation", He said with a smile.

" Thank you ", I said with a genuine smile.

I was standing in front of the conference room. My hands were shaking as I was trembling with anxiety. My palm becomes sweaty as my heart was beating faster.

I twisted the doorknob with my shaking hands and the door opened.

I went inside as my gaze went to him. He was standing there with his hands in his pocket. My mind becomes numb at the sight of him. All the memories of the past flooded in my mind. I gulp down my tears as I look at him. He was looking different. There was a different kind of emotion sparkling through his eyes. He was looking at me like he wants to read what's going inside my mind. I averted my gaze to end our staring competition.

" You are late", He said in a cold tone.

" I was working behind the project till late at night. That's the reason, I am late", I said gritting my teeth.

"Let's see how hard you work on this project", He said in a chilled tone sending shivers ran down my spine.

I nodded my head while gritting my teeth in anger.

My mind was hallucinating at the sight of him. There was a smirk plastered on his face as his gaze was on me. I gulped down my unshed tears as I took a heavy breath to calm down myself.

Professional. I should act professionally.

"It is a pleasure meeting you, sir ", I said in a polite tone.

" It was also a pleasure meeting you after a long time ", He said smirking at me.

" My name is Isha Zubair and I am the secretary of Mr. Asad ", I said in a shaky voice.

" I thought that your name is Isha Fahad Ali", He said with a smirk.

"You are wrong ", I said looking at my feet.

"I am never wrong ", He huskily said looking into my eyes making the goosebumps rise on my skin.

" We should start the presentation", One of the employees interrupted and I make a mental note to thank him later.