Chapter 36

***

Isha P.O.V

"Ammi," I cried.

My voice came out meek and shaky. Everyone's gaze was fixed on me as they were looking at me with different types of shock.

All the bad memories rushed through my mind making my legs shaking with fear.

I looked up at mother and she was looking at me with pure shock. I can see tears fell down her cheeks.

I fell on my knees as I didn't have energy.

Hania and Azeem were standing at one corner. Hania was looking at me with concern while Azeem was looking at me with confusion.

"Isha," My mother cried and wrapped her arms around me.

I was frozen. I was numb. I didn't have the energy to lift my finger.

"How are you?" She asked as she buried her face in my hair.

"Don't like you care for me a bit," I spat angrily pulling away from her.

I stand on my feet and wipe my tears.

"No one cares for me. You are the worst mother. You can't trust me, I was all alone. Don't show your motherly side now. You weren't there when I needed you the most. I was begging you to believe me. But you didn't. I am sorry to say but you failed as a mother," I spat angrily while tears streamed down my cheeks.

My gaze went to Fahad's parents who were looking at me with tears and shock in their eyes.

I moved towards them and wipe my tears.l harshly.

"You both have considered me as your daughter but you didn't trust me. You both didn't have the guts to stand for your daughter. Your son raised a finger on my character and you all believed him. I was expecting you all to believe me," I cried more.

My gaze went to my father. I have a lot of complaints from him. He was my baba. He should have trusted me.

He was sitting in his wheelchair. His hands were paralyzed. My heart pounding faster when I saw him in that condition. Years ago, he was a very lively person but everything is changed now.

His face was devoid of any expression. He wasn't even looking at me. More tears fell on my cheeks as my throat felt dry. I was exhausted. I was feeling suffocated with everything. 

I bend down on my knees and put my hands on his. It hurts that he doesn't even want to see me.

"Baba," I said in a meek voice as tears were streaming down my cheeks.

"Baba, you don't even want to stare at your daughter. I am back after so many years but you don't even want to see me," I cried more.

"You are not my daughter. You can't be. You are not my gudiya. My daughter won't ever disgrace me," He said making me flinch.

His words were affecting me so much.

"I didn't disgrace you, baba. Trust me. You are my father. You are supposed to trust me. You are supposed to stand behind me and support me. But you didn't. You also didn't trust me. You believed those fake pictures over your daughter. You used to be the only person I can trust. But everything is changed now," I said as my heart was clenching with pain.

"You know Fahad is far better than both of you. I know he did worse. But he asks for an explanation rather than throwing me out of the house or slapping me. You both don't even care for me. You didn't even care what would have happened to me. I was all alone, baba," I shouted at the top of my lungs.