Chapter 34

***

Hania P.O.V

Another voice echoed through the hall. I was practically speechless. I didn't expect anyone to come and spend lacs on my paintings.

A man in his late thirties stands up. His aura was intimidating.

"35 lacs," He said passing the smirk making me choke in the air.

Faraz's penetrating gaze was burning holes in me. I was scared because his eyes were holding pure sincerity.

"40 lacs," Another voice boomed making me smack my forehead. This auction is embarrassing the hell out of me.

"So is it the final bid?" The man beside me announced.

"50 lac," his voice echoed throughout the hall making everyone turned towards him. His eyes were glued to me as his burning gaze was sending shivers to run down my back.

"So is it the final bid?" The man beside me asked again to which he got the answer in silence. He hit the gavel on the sound block thrice and declared Faraz as the owner of my painting.

My hands started shaking when he came on the stage and move towards me.

"It's all worth it," Faraz whispered in my ear making my heart beat faster.

I forced a smile and passed my painting to him. His hands slightly brushed over mine and I felt a tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach.

I just want to move away from here as soon as I can. This place is suffocating me.

When I notice everyone busy with their work, I leaned towards Faraz.

"You think that you can win me back just because you purchase my painting. I won't be yours ever," I said looking at him with a deadly glare.

Faraz runs his thumb on his lower lips to hide the smirk which was forming on his lips.

"Nia," He whispered in a low voice sending shivers to run down my back. I loved the way his name was rolling over my tongue. He put his palm on my waist making my heart run a marathon. His single touch was driving me to the edge.

A gasp escaped my lips when he buried his head in the crook of my neck. Heat crept up to my cheeks and my palms become sweaty.

Faraz's lips slightly touch my jaw making me squirm. I shut my eyes and clutched his shirt.

"I won't give up this time, Nia" Faraz said placing a feather kiss on my forehead.

Before I could react, he was out of my sight. I was still in a daze. My body wasn't reacting on its own. His presence is like the magnet which was attracting me towards him.

I let out a grumbling sigh and saw everyone busy in their world. I raked my fingers through my hair and stand near my other paintings exhibit.

I fixed my makeup as I know it's going to be a lot of night. All I want to do is go home and cry my heart out under my comforter. The peace of heart is what I am craving for.

I felt a hand on my eyes. I heard a faint voice which I was dying to hear.

"Surprise," A voice that makes me break down.

A gasp escaped my lips when I saw her after so many years. My voice died down while my whole body was shivering with shock.

My mouth gaped open. It was feeling like a dream. I always wanted my family to be together with me. But now I am unable to grasp the situation. It was hard for me to express to describe what I was feeling right now.