10

The world around me goes blurry when she says it. We are going to have to put your wrist in plaster. I hang up on mum. My life is over mum and dad will never trust me again. I lied to mum, flat out lied to her and now I am going to pay the price. There is no way they are going to let me go out with Dustin on Friday.
"Clover, I am sorry to rush you but we have to do this now. We have three people waiting in line behind you." She says urgently.
"Sorry. Do you have a rough idea how long I will be in the plaster for?" I ask.
"Clover. Honestly I have no idea. your bones might take longer to mend then the set time. But a rough idea you looking at about 6 weeks." she says politely.
I am about to talk when she cuts me off.
"Clover the sooner your plastered the sooner you and your friend can leave." She smiles and I nod. Then we both make our way to the room, where they will plaster my broken wrist.
The doctor says that she will be using plaster of Paris. Says the whole process will only take a little while she first puts a soft cushioning around my wrist. Which she says later will be the itchyest thing in the world. Then she starts applying the plaster, it's killing my wrist but I'm so tired I just want to sleep. In some comfort. the whole process only takes about an hour but it's the longest hour I have ever experienced. When I get back into the waiting room (after thanking the doctor and all the rest) Ellie is awake and has organised us a ride home. Now we can leave the hospital. I will have to face my parents wrath.