11

We are about five minutes away from Ellies house. Dustins face is clouding my brain that and my lack of sleep. Ellie made sure that we stoped at Woolworths to get some pannadol even though I told her my wrist wasn't hurting. Its now 7:30am and I'm exhuasted. My parents will no doubt be at Ellie's house when I get there. hopefully they will let me sleep before they interrogate me. I don't know how I am going to get out of this. I can't keep disobeying them, their rules are the only things stoping me from living me life. Why do my parents insist on being the the strictest parents in the world? I really don't know. We are pulling into the drive way when I see them they are right there, my parents are right in front of me.
"Ellie, my parents are here." I shake her. Hard. but shes not waking up. "Ellie wake up. you have to wake up or my life will be over. PLEASE" her eyes start to flutter open but she's to late. They have seen me. I have to face the consequences. The driver pulls into the driveway. Ellie isn't awake she is just laying next to me with her eyes open. My mum looks worried but my dad looks furious. I'm opening the door.
"Clover. where have you been and what did you do To your wrist? Get in the car we are going."
I don't budge.
"Get in the car now." dad grabs hold of my arm, sending agony into my wrist. I scream. He lets go. Now it's my mothers turn to step in.
"Clover get in the car. We are so worried about you. Why did you hang up on me when we were on the phone? Honey we need to know that your safe so get I the car." she has Learned a bit, instead of taking my broken wrist she goes for my other one. Ellie is standing watching us eyes wide like she's never seen anything like it. Now I am going to make the show a little bit more interesting for her.
"I am not getting in that car. I have had enough of the lack of trust in this family, I am not stupid, I can look after myself, and the only reason we are in this mess is because you didn't trust me. I went to a party last night with Ellie. I was pushed and fell on my wrist. Its broken in two places and extremely sore so please don't touch it. also the fact is you don't even trust me enough to let me stay at grandmas. let alone go to a party." I am so outraged I can feel the anger boiling up inside me.
"Clover honey, we are just trying to protect you. We would have let you go the party we just want to know that your safe." mum says as calmly as she can, next to her dads face is bright red. It's my turn again.
"Don't say your trying to protect me, because we all know, you are trying to control me. Well I've got news I'm not going to be the daughter who loses her mind because her sister has died and she can't live her life. I am not going to play the princess locked in the tower. I am breaking free and unlike London who didn't get a chance to live her life to the best of her abilities. I am." I say moving my hand about and pacing.
Ellie is gobsmacked, I haven't been able I to stand up to my parents since London died.