25

I wake to the sound of a clock ticking. I struggle to work out my bearings. I sit up and examine the room. My room. How the hell did I get here? I look around, Everything seems as though its in its normal spot. I look at my phone. 5 missed calls from Ellie. 11 missed calls from Dustin. Mum walks into my room.
"Hey sweet heart, are you feeling ok?" She asks apprehensively. I nod.
"How did I get home?" I ask a bit worried.
"Ellie dropped you off saying that you fell asleep and that you were sick. Don't you remember?" She asks.
"No." I reply.
"I will place this on your bedside table." She says walking over to me. I move my phone so the cup will fit.
"What's that?" I ask a little more rudely than I planned.
"Mushroom soup." she replies. "Oh and sorry your Dad didn't pick you up from you friends. He had to go to work early." she says. Ugh all they do is lie to me. Far out.
"Yeah ok." I say hastily hoping she will take the hint and go out. I need to call Ellie and Dustin.
"Ok honey. I will just be in the kitchen."she says as if she's in a daze, she walks over to me and gives me a kiss and hug. Then she walks out. Finally. I dial Ellie she picks up within two rings.
"Clo. Are you alright. You just fainted. Dustin had to take Josh home, he said he was really sorry." she says it so fast I'm struggling to concentrate.
"Ellie?" I say. "Thanks for being there for me. I don't know what I would do without you." for some unknown reason I feel like crying. Must be that time of the month again.
"Your my best friend Clo I'm never leaving you. I'm gonna stick around you like a bad smell. You ain't ever getting rid of me." she says laughing I laugh too.
"I better get going. I need to ring Dustin to check if everything is ok." I say, I can practically feel her smiling through the phone.
I look at the mirror and nearly scream. My hair is sticking up in all different angles. If I dyed it blue I would look like Sonic the hedgehog. I decide to call Dustin.
"Ok see ya." she says breaking the connection.
"Clo." he answers after 1 ring. "I was so worried. Are you alright. My brother is such a douche. I'm so sorry." he says.
"Hey. It's ok. He is a douche isn't he?"
"Yeah I'm really sorry."
"Don't worry."
"Hey have you had lunch yet? If not there's this cafe we could go to, I will pick you up." he says. Lunch? What day is it I got to Ellie's at 1:00.
"What day is it again?" I ask.
"Sunday. You were out for a while day. it was 10:00 before Ellie took you home. Do you want to have lunch?"
"Yeah sure."
"Okay, I will pick you up in an hour."
Shit I better get dressed.
"Ok I will see you then. Love ya." I say breaking the connection

{I just wanted to say "The picture up the top is a movie poster I made for the book in digital imaging. Let me know if you like it."}
Thanks
Chloe💕