4

We have finished at the cemetery. time to put my plan into action. "Mum, Dad, I am going to stay at Ellie's tonight and I might be home tomorrow" my dad raises his eyebrows, and gives me a firing glare.
But my mum nods "Do you need us to drive you, honey?" I shake my head.
Time to put the plan to Ellie. I send her a text it reads "I have a plan I am going to be at your house at 5:00 then we can go to Dustin's party I told my parents that I was staying at your house, soz about the late notice, love ya lots and I will see you soon. XO Clo"
Instead of talking I put in my head phones and try to decided what I'm going to wear. I have an electric blue (short) dress that looks nice. but my brown mop of hair is a pain, oh well that's what I'm wearing. I get my text back from Ellie it says "Sounds good Clo cya then XO Ellie"
Yes we are going to Dustin's. We've just pulled into the drive way and I bolt out of the car and inside and start getting my stuff ready. I turn my music up as loud as I can, and pack. I don't even notice when mum walks in.
"Clover, what are you taking that blue dress for?" I jump.
"Crap mum. You scared me half to death." she frowns.
"Answer the question." She says firmly.
What do I say?
"Ellie and I are having a cat walk" I smile squirming.
"Ok I will leave you too it then" she grins.
"Thanks mum" I smile too. Then she walks out. Far out that was close I never planned that would happen. At catwalk? What was I thinking? We aren't six! Oh well that's the first thing that came to my head.
I have finished packing when dad walks in.
"Clover. I am sorry I was so harsh, I shouldn't have said what I did... I am sorry, truly, forgive me?"
"Dad" I say walking over to him "It's ok. I didn't want to face the facts that London has been gone for a year it's hard to below she's gone at all." I hug him and he hugs me.
"Are you sure you don't want us to drive you?"
"Actually. That would be good" I say smiling.
💠💠💠
I'm at Ellie's now. Dad drops and goes. There isn't much point staying to chat, Ellie's parents are to stuck up. Ellie though she's completely different, she is nothing like her parents. time to buzz the door.
"Ellie, get the door, hurry up I need to get ready."
Ellie's house is a mansion, it's three stories high and she maids, her house is always spotless and her room is the size of my whole lounge room. Her wardrobe (wow) it's a walk in and it's the same size as my room. I take this opportunity to check my phone. Nothing, no missed calls no texts. the door opens.
"Clo, hey come in. Mum and Dad aren't here so we have the maids to our selves." she punches me in the arm playfully.
"Awesome. Hey what are you wearing?" I ask.
"I'm just wearing that black dress. You know the one!" She replies. Of course I know that dress she wore it to the formal. it's easily the prettiest dress I have ever seen.
"Oh yeah. I'm wearing my new electric blue dress!" I smile.
"I love that dress!" She says then she pulls my into her huge powder room.