8

Walking through the hospital is like walking through an alien space ship. You are surrounded by strange instruments used to torture the weak and innocent (At least that's what it looks like from where I'm sitting) Ellie said that we might have to wait for a little bit before we see a doctor. She said that nearly two hours ago, the sun is almost up and I'm exhausted, and waiting for the time that I can relive the kiss from Dustin. Ahhh that kiss, it was perfect. I can still feel the warmth of his lips on mine, the taste, oh the taste, it was like nothing I have ever experienced before, like my senses came alive. Ellie is defiantly convinced that my wrist is broken, hopefully she's wrong.
"Clover Dreer, the doctor will see you now." The clerk says.
"Ellie wake up, the doctor will see me now." I say shaking her. She wakes in alarm.
"What? What? What's wrong?" She asks panicked.
"The doctor is going to check out my wrist."
"Ok. I will come with you." she says smiling.
Then we walk down the corridor and into the doctors office. The doctor is female, she has long brown hair and fair skin, she looks a lot like Ellie in that respect.
I raise an eyebrow at Ellie as I take my seat. The doctor begins to talk.
"Clover Dreer? I am going to ask you some simple questions and I'm going to need you to answer me as honestly as possible. Can you do that for me?" She asks, I nod.
"So first of all what are you doing in our emergency room at 4:00 in the morning?" Time for me to answer as honestly as possible.
"I was at a party with my friend." I move my head towards Ellie.
"I was pushed and my friend thinks I have broken my wrist." the doctor nods and shows her understanding.
"Do you mind if I take a look?"
"No not at all." I say beckoning her to look.
The doctor gently takes my arm, but even the slightest movement sends my wrist into serine agony.
"Ok I'm going to arrange an X-ray. I think your friend is right, you can wait in the waiting room, and I will take you down when the X-ray crew are ready to see you."
"Thank you!" Ellie says and she gestures towards the door. I really, really, hope my worst isn't broken. My parents will kill me if it is. What will I say? "Mum dad, I broke my wrist at party that was thrown by my boyfriend. Well at least I think he's my boyfriend." Ahhhhhhh what the hell am I going to do?
"Ellie if my wrist is broken my parents are going to have my head. What the hell am I going to do." I am so shaken up I can't even think.
"First of all Clo, there is no 'if my wrist is broken' it's definitely broken. And second, we will work out the cover up story later." she says touching my sore arm. I wince.
"Sorry Clo, it's going to take some getting used to." She smiles sadly.
"Yeah, I know the feeling." I say.