1

Detention. How did I end up in detention? Oh wait I know the answer, Dustin, he's the reason I'm in this shithole of a detention class room. How am I supposed to concentrate on my work when he's sitting right in front of me? He doesn't even know my name. I know that for a fact, example, Dustin came up to me on Today and asked me for a pencil, he said and I quote "Hi... I don't know your name but, can I borrow your pencil?" Me the idiot that I am, didn't even answer, my whole response was a nod... Pathetic a nod. Anyway I told my best friend Ellie and she decided that the only way he would notice me is if stoop down to his level, yeah great thinking Ellie that's going to go down great with my parents. Back to detention, the girl sitting opposite me is playing with one of her many, many piercings. Kill me now. Time to stare in Dustin's direction again. His eyes meet mine. Wait was he looking at me? Clover Dreer? Me?

"Class Dismissed." The teacher says from the front of the room, without even taking her eyes of her computer screen. That's my cue. Ellie is sitting outside the class room waiting for me, her eyes darting from me to Dustin and back again. Then she lifts up her arms as if to say "Anything?" I shake my head the most interesting thing he did was look at me. I think he was looking at me anyway. Ahh I nearly ran into piercing girl, concentrate Clover. I've just made my way out the door when Ellie playfully punches me on the shoulder

"Hey Clo, how'd it go?" she says as she laughs. I give her a grin.

"Remind me the reason I got that detention again?" she laughs again

"To get Dustin's attention of course, why did it work?" I shrug.

"He looked at me once, out of that whole hour I was in that shithole, I mean I-"she cuts me off.

"Wow, wow, wow, what? He actually looked at you? How do you know?" she is suddenly serious.

"Our eyes met." Then she screamed loud enough that the whole world could hear.

"On the way home I will tell you all about it" I said.

💠💠💠
"My parents are going to kill me you know." I said to Ellie.

She just nodded, and replied, "I know, but it was totally worht it."

Ever since my sister died my parents have been so hard on me. I got a detention but to them its like i murdered soemone, so the punishments the same. I do one thing wrong and they can't even look at me with out disgust hinting on their faces.

"Clo, I said see ya later!" oh crap ellie was talking to me.

"See ya don' forget to call me later."

"Seriuosly, do I ever forget?" I grinned.

Now I have to face my parents. I'm so not ready.
💠💠💠
I'm home now and I can't bring myself to open the front door.