Chapter 13

Ava

Two weeks went by in a rush, and yesterday it was the words of Francesco that got me thinking the whole day. My anxiety and fear have me walking from one side to the other because I repeat his words all over again.
"Tomorrow we are going to have dinner with my father at his house. Be ready by five."
Cold and firm words. He even ignored the fear in my eyes when he said them.
Going back to that place isn't a good idea. I hate the memories of living in that cell, the insults and starving stares of the men. That place is hell. True hell. And being near Alfonso Mancini, I'm scared of what I'm able to do. Perhaps I grab Francesco's gun and shot him for once and for all.
Yeah, and then make us die for sure.
I feel safer here. In this house. Maybe because I'm all by myself most of the time, or that no men are not allowed to be inside. Or...Francesco being nice and respectful with me.
Don't you fucking admit it. He's the enemy here. He will always be the enemy.
I need to think clearly.
Oh, God. It's already 4:50 pm.
I walk towards a mirror and take a look at myself one last time.
I wore a pink dress that was below my knee and had a conservative cut from the top. I felt comfortable with it yet I still hate it because it's tight. It shows my curves and the shape of my boobs, even though they are fully covered. I applied a little bit of makeup and placed my hair into a simple mid bun to look more elegant and have a good appearance as he asked me.
I hate preparing myself to look good for the man I hate the most on this earth.
"Are you ready?"
Doesn't he knock on the door?
I slowly turn around and I see him standing near the door with his hands inside his pant pockets. This time he wears a black suit and his hair is nicely brushed to one side just like Matteo does. He looks even better when he's dressed this way. Any woman looking at him this nicely would ever think he's the devil himself. But with a kind heart. Which is what every woman expects she can have from men like him.
"Are you done admiring me?"
Shit. Was I too obvious?
I clear my throat and look away. "We should go."
He remains silent as I pick my bag which I literally have nothing except for lipstick and a small mirror. I walk towards the door with my face pointing at the floor and I immediately stop when I notice he blocks the door, on purpose. He grabs my hands and I try my best to hide my panic.
"You're shaking, " he states in a worried tone.
He's touching me.
"I'm cold. That's all." I move my hands away but my body begins to miss his warmth. It wants more. I want more.
Stop it!
He nods and finally steps away for me to go out first. I hear the sound of the door being closed behind me before we finally make our way to the car, walking beside each other with a lot of distance.
Once we passed through the main door, the fresh breeze kissed my face like a beautiful and blind caress I needed. Men outside nodded at him as we walk towards a black expensive car. A Lykan Hypersport.
Francesco opened the door for me and I got inside as he said some final words to his men.
Wow.
I looked at everything. The whole car, the house, the men, the sky, and everything that surrounded me.
How am I going to escape? He has a bunch of guards securing the whole house! There's no way I can run without being seen.
I played with the wedding ring on my finger until he opened his door and came inside.
He looked at me quickly and began to drive. The whole ride was completely silent between us, and I was really grateful for it because I was more focused seeing the endless road, buildings, and people...
I looked exactly this way when I was fifteen, when I convinced my parents to let me go with them this time to whatever place they were going to.
I miss this. I miss everything. I miss my old life. I miss him. Matteo...what could he be doing right now? Is he looking for me or did he find another women with whom he might have a normal life. Lily...my best friend of all. How is she doing? Does baby Leo look like her? Is Domenico still joking with everyone? Even though I'm not there to laugh with. Fanny. Oh God. William...too.
    Maybe one day everything will go back to normal. Back to how everything was.
      Minutes passed by and I couldn't see the building neither the people, only darkness. It was an empty road with thousands of trees to cover and hide the hell where I was. Once we passed through the gates, I began to shake again. Fear.
     I can taste saliva thickening in my throat and beads of sweat trickling down my brow.
I hope no one kills me tonight. I should remain quiet at all times and avoid looking at him.
     I want to take one great leap off and run to safety. My adrenaline surges so fast that being outside his house makes me want to vomit. Francesco parked in front of the house where many guards, dressed in suits lowered their heads. Once he got outside and opened my door, I smoothed down my dress and stood beside him. I looked at him and tried to express or say in some way without taking that I feared being here. That all I wanted to do is leave and never return.
     In his eyes I knew he understood but he only furrowed his eyebrows and remained serious.
     "Good evening Mr. Mancini," one of the guards said as he walked toward us.
     As he got nearer, Francesco grabbed my waist without hesitation and pulled me closer to him. And the move, I admit, made me feel safe. From where I was, he was the only one I trusted and wanted to be with. I didn't want him to leave me alone. I needed him grabbing me this way because I knew this move claimed I was his wife, and no one could touch me.
    "Your father is waiting for you in the event room with the others."
     "The others?" Francesco looks at him confused. "He told me it was only going to be the three of us."
     "It was a last minute change sir. Please follow me."
    The men opened the doors for us and we slowly walked behind the man.
      "I don't need to warn you that this place is dangerous because you already know it is," Francesco warned. "If I knew he was going to bring them, I wouldn't have agreed bringing you here."
     "Them?"
   He remained silent for a while. "Just remain silent. I'll do the talking."
     "Like a beautiful fool?" I say, remembering his words of the movie.
      He nods and looks at me. "Like a beautiful fool."
   The main room door get opened and its full of men only. Around ten of them, eleven if you count Francesco.
     I move more closer to Francesco that there isn't more space left for me to do so. Its the stare of all of them that makes me want to vomit.
I want this night to be over.
     "Francesco! I thought you were going to come late but...you're always so puntual."
Alfonso.
     He came closer with a wide smile and looked at both of us with pure excitement.
      "You look stunning Ava." He looks at my whole body. "Beautiful just like your mother was."
Disgusting man. I hate him.  I could easily kill him right now.
      "Hey, wasn't this supposed to be the three of us only?" Francesco asks in an annoyed tone with murdering eyes.
      "That was the plan...at the beginning." He fakes a laugh and finally says, "But then I wanted to take benefit of the situation, and celebrate with our business partners." He looks at me again. "Especially with your wife."
      "Celebrate what?"
      "Celebrate the amount of women sold this month." The rest of the men cheer and I feel like I may faint at any moment.
Sold? You've got to be kidding me.
       "Now go and introduce Ava...and before you say anything else, my men won't let both of you leave until the party is over."
     I see how Francesco is left speechless as his father leaves us and goes back to drinking with his friends. I notice how his nostrils flare and his jaw clenches. His body tenses and his grip on my waist goes tighter.
      "Francesco, calm down. Don't make a scene or we won't make it out alive," I whisper in his ear but there is no reaction.
      "Ava, please don't say anything to me right now. I can easily kill anyone with my bare hands." He looks at me. "Even you."
     I swallow harshly and I do as I'm told. I remain silent and still like a statue.
Don't comfort him. Your goal is to make it out alive. This is what happens when you are too emotional and think everyone needs that type of attention.
     Francesco didn't want to talk to anyone, including me. So we ended up away from the others, near a floor to ceiling window. But Alfonso didn't care how we felt, how his son felt because he brought the people to us.
      "Would you like something to drink, sir?" The same man that guide us here asked once we found ourselves alone.
       "She's also here, you know. You should always ask her first."
     "I'm sorry Mrs. Mancini. Would you like—"
     "Water will be good, thank you."
     "You Mr..."
   He shook his head as a no and the man left us. Suddenly Francesco dropped his hand, and gave me enough space after holding me against him since we arrived.
      "This is what we are going to do. You will say loudly and clear that you need to go to the bathroom. I will escort you there and then we will leave." He looks around. "I can't have you here."
      And before I could say anything else someone announced, "Bring them in."
Bring them in?
      "This is your reward. For your hard-work. Enjoy!"
    Many women wearing only underwear came inside with a black mask and red lipstick. Some of them looked afraid, drugged and others begged for pleasure. A few were strippers and others just innocent girls I couldn't and wanted to save. I panted when I saw men leaving with one or two of them to another room, others couldn't care less and did it right in front of everyone. My eyes widen when others were giving blow jobs to men who were watched by other men to get turned on.
What is this?!
    "We need to sit."
  I followed Francesco to the left empty seat in the middle of room. He took his jacket off, sat, and opened his legs.
Does he want me to...
    Oh no.
      I noticed all men were watching us and I panted. I didn't want to be seen as whore. I don't even want to do this. But from the look in his eyes and the men surrounding me I knew I was obliged to do this. As a survival. I drew nearer and locked eyes with him. With his cold, dangerous, and light eyes. Clenching my jaw and moving my hair to one side, I slowly bent to my knees, but before I could he groaned and pointed at his leg.
    I sighed in relief when I understood what he wanted me to do. I quickly sat on his lap and he pulled me closer like he was about to kiss me.
     "I need to kiss your neck. I know you will hate me for this because it's against your will but..."
     "Just do it, " I insisted. "Do what...you need to do."
     He looked at me amazed and began to kiss me, leaving his warm traces all over me.
Oh God, what...what is he doing? It feels so good.
      He grabbed my waist, pulling me up close against his chest. His hand gently glided through my hair, until he left me wanting for more.
     He left me looking at him astonished, but he stayed serious, like it was no big deal at all. My breath was deep and heavy and the idea that I was near his hear, and that he could certainly hear me, made me feel embarrassed. But it was his sudden boner that me gasp.
     "Francesco, why isn't she giving you what you deserve?" The men sitting across from me says with a pervert look that makes me realize we are not alone. That we are here, in hell.
     "She should take you on her knees as a whore would."
    His grip on my waist got tighter again, a sign that he was trying to control himself.  
      "I'm a man who enjoys fucking his woman in private."
    He laughs and shakes his head. "I see." He whistles and calls for a woman with wider curves and more than I have.
      "Maybe you should try once in a while with women who have more to offer." He laughs humorously. "Just for you to not get bored."
     Francesco smiled. A true and wide smile I hadn't seen before.
      "Why don't you let me taste her in exchange of mine? Your father used to do it with your mom. As friends, we should have the same privilege our fathers had."
Oh he didn't just say that.
      Without wasting time I stood up and walked toward him, and everything went silent when I hit him in the face as hard as I could and made him bleed.
       "You bitch!" The man with blonde hair and tattoos in his neck yelled.
      I noticed how Francesco came beside me and took his gun out to point at him.
      "You're a dead man."
      "Francesco! Do not shoot him," Alfonso interrupted.
      "I want and I will kill him," he said with a lowered voice. "And the same will happen to anyone who disrespects my wife again. Anyone who thinks, wants or even says that they want fuck her, I'll cut your balls by myself."
       "If you kill him, we lose one of our biggest sources. And then we will have bigger problems, don't be a dick. He was just joking, " his dad said in a worried tone because he knew that Francesco would do it, he needed to convince him not to.
       "Fine." He pauses. "But that doesn't mean I won't hurt him." He shots him on the leg and he yells in pain.
  I jump in fear and look away when I finally saw the amount of blood coming out of his leg.
       He gets near his father and says, "We're leaving."
     We turned around and the men finally let us go after Alfonso nodded at them. Once we sat and drove back to the house I was shock for what he did. The moment the man whose name I didn't know yet, offered and confessed that he wanted to have sex with me, even though I'm his wife, I was the one that needed to put him on his place.
Thank God we already left.
     "I'm sorry."
    I tilted my head and raised my eyebrows.
Wow, him apologizing?  
       "I shouldn't have agreed from the beginning."
       "Then why did you agreed?"
     I look at him. "He's too curious." He turns around the corner. "He needed to see how I treat you. How I dominate you. How I can take pleasure and pain from you like he wants me to because he says you and I deserve it."
He's a piece of shit.
      "Glad I'm not getting neither," I say dryly, and that builds tension between us.
      "He doesn't care if you have pleasure. He just wants you to feel pain. That's what I...said to him I was going to give you." I exhale sharply. "It was either him or me," he continued.
His father or him, I repeated.
    I tensed my shoulders. "And will you? Will you give me that type of pain he's asking for?"
   Silence. Him remaining silent is what terrified me the most.
     Once we parked and got inside safely, he walked me towards my room, still in complete silence.
What is thinking of? Will he make me go to bed with him tonight because the way he's looking at me, with those penetrating eyes, feels like he will and wants to.
      I give my back to him and open the door but he instantly closes it. I feel his breathing on my neck and I feel he's too close. Way too close.
Don't turn around. Don't look at him.
       "Let me be clear of one thing. Your my wife, and even if you don't love me or cared for me, I will still treat you like it." He comes closer until my back hits his chest, and I tense. He moves my hair to one side, and lowers himself to whisper, "I won't let other men touch you or even lay hands on you because you are my wife." He pauses. "And I won't let others fuck you because you are my wife. It's either me..." I suck harsh breathe. "Or yourself that brings you pleasure. I will give you that until you want it, but I will never give you pain. I wouldn't hurt you." He breathes deeply near my ear. "And today saying that I was able to, it will be the last time you hear that from me."
    We stayed this way for a couple of seconds until he finally opened the door for me and closed it. For a moment I thought he followed me, that he was behind me, but he wasn't. And when I found myself completely alone, I sighed in relief and nervousness. I fell to the ground and began to cry. Everything was sinking and I needed to express it in some way. I felt anxious of what happened hours ago in Alfonso's house, afraid of the men that surrounded me, except for him. For Francesco. With him I felt confused, safe, respected, admired, desired and seen as equal and deeply I felt that too about him, but I couldn't admit it to myself until now. And I hate myself for it. I'm...well, I was engaged to Matteo, but now I'm married and Francesco is all I have now. He's my only hope that one day he will let me go, and help to escape.

When will that day come?