Chapter 46

Ava

      Tonight Alfredo had organized a dinner for all of his men, cause numbers rose in money and because it was also his birthday. He gave both reasons to all.
     So he made a huge deal of it cause it's his big fifty. 'A new era' as he calls it.
      The event room has been decorated for three days now, placing a wide stage with a black floor, golden small stairs behind, a circular figure with small bulbs in it, and a piano at the side.
      It truly looked beautiful.
       There were small tables instead for five people at least in each one, covered with a black sheet and a simple floral decoration in the middle. All in front of the stage to enjoy the show.
      At the back, it laid a huge chocolate cake with buttercream frosting that made my saliva fall from the corner of my mouth.
      Sweets weren't allowed for anyone except for Kiara. And I had to oblige but seeing my favorite dessert, awoke that appetite in me.
       I finally turned around and began to appreciate the beautiful chandelier that enlightened the whole room. There were other amazing details that I wanted to look at but didn't cause I had to dress up cause Alfonso asked for my presence this evening as well for his son.
     I made my way upstairs when I encountered Erik and Matteo in the middle of the hall discussing. Turning immediately around, I hide against the wall and remain tight-lipped to concentrate on their conversation.
       "Doctor said that they will take this thing off in a few weeks so meanwhile, you recover, you shall take care of Kiara. Remain at her door as the new guard."
       "Is this what Alfonso asked for?" Matteo curiously asked.
       "He did. At least you only need one hand to shoot anyone that gets near her."
    Suddenly I heard footsteps walking in the opposite direction of where I was.
        "You start tomorrow. Tonight Boss wants you in his birthday celebration."
     Once I inclined a bit to look over, I finally made my way towards my room.
         Matter lifted his gaze and bowed at me for the first time.
       "You don't have to do that, " I said as I walked past him.
       "I know."
    I stopped walking and turned around to lock eyes with him until mine fell on his arm.
         "What happened? How did you—"
         "Got shot during a fight." He took a few steps forward, leaving a short distance between us meanwhile I looked at him concerned. "Doesn't hurt anymore."
Wanting to look strong as always.
        "I...I heard that you'll be guarding Kiara's room, " I add, wanting to change of topic and distract him from that lustful and sorrowful stare on me.
       "You were spying?"
       "Not on purpose of course."
    He smiles shyly.
        "Please...any weird noises coming from inside or—"
       "I promise I won't let anyone get near her."
   I smile back. "I know."
      Silence returns and there's a slight tension between us that I'm left speechless again.
         "Thank you again."
     I turned around and opened the door, but seconds, before closing, I saw him standing right there looking like he wanted to say something.
        Once I locked my door, there was a tight feeling in my chest at his reaction that got stuck in my head.
Crossing my arms over my chest as a way to hide, I went towards the bathroom to take a cold bath, washing all thoughts and feelings away.
        I tried my best to hurry up and tie my olive silky dress. Giving final touches to my hair, Francesco knocked on the door after attempting to open it. That's when I realized that I had locked it, a rule he gives me because he knows or suspects that someone may follow me inside and God knows what he would do to me.
      But this time, I questioned if it was a good idea to lock it when Matteo was in front. Maybe I wanted him to come inside so he could tell what he wanted to say.
Maybe...
       "Ready?" Francisco asked in an uncomfortable tone once he stepped inside.
      I turned around to turn the lights off but as soon as I swirled I hit his chest. I lifted my head to look at him doubtfully. But that's when I finally saw the hunger in his eyes.
   The jealousy.
        The bothered look was caused by Matteo who stood in front of our room and that was going to be for a couple of days. An easy opportunity for him to get near me.
         "I'm ready, " I said after a while.
      His eyes remained in me as if he was looking for something. The mark of Matteo's lips on me. The betrayal in any part of my body.
     Even when there was none there was doubt in his eyes.
        I noticed how he clenched his jaw and finally lead me outside, gently even though his other hand was in a tight grip.
     Gladly, Matteo wasn't outside anymore but another guard. There was resentment within me because Francesco mistrusted me in a way.
      I love Matteo, I care for him and I always will but not the same way I do with Francesco.
     My feelings for Matteo are nothing more than a past lover and friend that protects me. Meanwhile, Francesco is the love of my life. My soulmate. The one I know will die for me. Kill for me. Just like I'll do for him even if he doesn't know it.
        We finally arrived downstairs to the main room that was surprisingly filled with many couples and guards that have been in this mafia for as long as I know. When we stepped in a few murmured as we passed through, and just a few I got hear 'Traitor.'
      I got closer to Francesco and his grip tightened in my waist, a sign that he felt the same as I did. Annoyed.
        "I hate this events," I whispered once we sat down in one of the tables.
       "That makes two of us."
     We exchanged a familiar glance and for the first time in many months, I felt our old connection spread through me.
That's when I finally took advantage that we were sitting alone and unbothered.
"You don't trust me with him, right?"
He shook his head. "It's him who I don't trust."
"Why? You think he can conquer me again?"
He gave me a look that he admitted it but I needed to hear that he still cares for me. Cares too much to lose me.
"Is that why you have been acting so coldly with me?" I continued.
He remains silent.
"Your jealousy won't do any good."
"Men are too promising to women. And I know that if he gets near you is to remind you of his desire for you."
"And you think I'll fall too easily?" I asked disturbed. "You think I would give up our love that effortless?"
He twists his wedding finger. "You tell me." He shrugs. "Cause everything I feel for you feels like a blessing and a curse."
He leans closer. "And the day you get to leave me, you'll be the end of me."
My chest spreads with tight emotions that make me suck harsh breath.
"You act like a pretty fool pretending that you haven't even talked to him." He tucks a lock of my hair behind my ear. "Like if you both are strangers. But deeply, your memory loves him."
He takes his hand away leaving me speechless and Emotional.
"If you knew that I talked to him, then why didn't you said anything?"
"I wanted to hear it from you. To tell me, to admit it yourself."
I looked away and his gaze remained in me.
"Nothing happened between us. He only explained how he ended here." I swallow harshly, a knot forming in my throat for the following words. "He was part of my life. He helped when I had nothing. For that, he'll have a place in my heart." I pause. "He still cares for me as I do for him. But not like I do for you."
I lean into him and feel how tense he is. "I'll always be at your side, as a wife that loves his husband even if he acts too miserably, wrathful, selfish, and tries to push his own woman away."
I slowly head backward towards my sit, and the only next words speaking loudly are the ones we exchange through our gazes.
"Oh, the lovely birds!" Erik exclaimed as he took a seat in front of us, Matteo and a younger boy following him behind. "You look unnerved, " He says as he looks at Francesco, who is seeing Matteo
with malicious and hateful eyes.
"There a plenty of empty tables for you to sit at, " I said discomforted.
He laughs bitterly. "What's wrong to sit here." He shirts. "Do I make you nervous?" He smiles. "Do I make your legs tremble? Is that why you don't want me close?"
Suddenly Francesco and Matteo's eyes fell on Erik and both looked at him with rage and spiteful eyes.
Francesco grabbed one of the knives on the table and rapidly placed it in his throat.
"She doesn't want you close cause she knows I may cut your dick without hesitation."
Erik's expression changes in worry and amusement.
"Who's shaking now?" Francesco smirks.
"Let's not make a scene that will make both of you end with a punishment."
"Threats will only encourage him to actually do it, " I added dryly.
Erik finally backs away and stands up, unfazed after looking around in case anyone watched our little scene.
"Careful Ava. Speaking when you are not asked to—"
"I don't need your permission to speak," I cautioned. "Now leave us alone," I warned.
Matteo looked at me with widen eyes and so did the young boy.
Erik smiled at us again, and fixed his tie before leaving us.
Francesco lowered his knife and his nostrils flared with anger.
I know words were only going to worsen his mood so I tried with touch instead. Placing my hand gently on his hand, he grabbed it almost too abruptly that for a few seconds I thought it was going to go numb.
His grip softened and even though he avoided looking at me, he hold my hand throught out the whole evening that we spent by ourselves since everyone looked at us as traitors.
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, tonight it's a special night because we get have the honor to celebrate Mr Mancini birthday," The colored men announced as he stood in the stage.
Everyone clapped except us. This time I glanced over Matteo and noticed that he was looking at me from the left corner table were he sat with other men he worked with.
My heart skipped a beat as he kept looking and that's when I finally drew my attention to the stage.
"To honor this night, we shall receive Ms. Ava Mancini for the opening of the show."
Four days ago Alfonso called me like he used to, so he could hold Kiara for bit, but this time he had heard me sing to her. He felt surprised by my hidden talent that he obliged me to sing in front of him like if it was an audition.
I was thankful that Francesco neither Matteo were in the room, cause I know they would have gotten mad by the way Alfonso insulted me so I could do it.
I can't imagine how Francesco would have reacted if he had been there. I did told him everything after I left except for the part of when he slapped me to do it.
"Ms. Mancini?"
I blinked twice and finally stood up, not after exchanging a look with Francesco, who didn't want to let me go.
Walking forward I saw people glaring at me and other men eating me with their hungry eyes. But all I did focus on was on him.
Francesco.
The room went dark and there was a light coming across so that everyone could focus on me.
Great.
I thought while anxiety ate me from my insides. The music began and that's when I began.

My breathing quickened but I managed to reach all the high notes. Through the distanced I saw Francesco's eyes lock with mine, and that's when I relaxed and my confidence boosted.

'As the world caves in' I sang and once I finished that's when surprisingly everyone applauded.

I bowed my head towards Alfonso and finally left towards my sit where Francesco waited for me with a softer and calmer look. This time he did not grab my hand, he only watched.
Many guests suddenly came near us to congratulate me and nothing else. The rest of the evening went favorable with jazz songs, and even in those slight moments, I wanted to find Matteo.
Not because I wanted to through myself at him but to talk at least. There was a need within me that also wanted to have him closer to us.
But I can't if he keeps confessing his feelings towards me meanwhile, my husband despises him.
Once people began getting drunk and cut the cake, that's when we finally left without being noticed.
        As soon as we got to the balcony, Francesco placed his hands on the solid barrier. He wheezed and finally turned to behind him to look at me. There was lust and risk in his eyes which I gladly returned.
       "You said you'll be at my side when I burn this. Kill them." He gets closer and caresses my jaw. "Did you mean it?"
       I nod slightly.
          "I need words Angel." He lifts my face. "I need to hear you mean it. Say it," he whispers.
     I melt in his hold.
          "Yes."
       He smiles deviously and so do I. That's when he slammed his lips against mine, taking me completely under his hold, making us end the same way in our room, filled with heat and desire.
      He ripped my dress off just like I took his tie aggressively. My chest tightened and spark spread all over me. Emotions as well as his hands, running all over me.
       He lifted me up, still not parting our kiss, and laid me on our bed gently just to push himself inside of me in a painful yet pleasurable way. My nails dig in his back and he groans at it, increasing his pounding, making it sound like a beautiful melody that turns me on even more.
      We looked at each other as we cried in delight. That's when I finally smiled when I felt him came inside, his fluid going on my insides. And he did the same when I trembled under his hold, as my orgasm hit me too intensely.
        He still kept himself inside of me when kissed me before saying, "What have I turned you into?"

You turned me like you. 
A powerful woman that needs revenge.