Chapter 41

Ava

I think I'm gonna throw up.
He's here. How? Why? ...like How?!!
I practically ran upstairs towards Kiara's bedroom to calm myself and to at least gather what I exactly felt. When I entered I carefully closed the door behind me and sighed in relief, leaning back on the white door.
God! The way he looked at me so...so...strangely and desirable.
After all these past years, I thought he looked for me but that shocked look meant that he didn't even know I was here.
He's here for another reason. But if it's not for me...then who or why for?
    Why do I care actually?! I'm already married and in love with Francesco.
But why do I feel so...strange.
Thump. Beat. Thump. Beat.
My hands went directly to my face to cover my confusion and my fear. My head began to hurt I bit and I truly felt dizzy, like if I had been drugged or stabbed. Either way, it meant I needed to lay down for a while.
Walking towards the wide bed, I noticed that Kiara was still sleeping. And for that single moment, peace came within me. It began to invade every part of my body, leaving me in a normal state again.
It was also her that made me act this way. React this way. Feel this way. Everything because she matters to me, and so I should not risk her life by acting like this. Not even in front of Francesco, who probably knew right away, it was him, my ex-lover. And even if he didn't know, he would figure it out.
Sighting at the thought, I finally lay down next to my beautiful Angel, and pull her towards me. And in a matter of seconds, her warmth and slow breathing made me fall asleep.

------------------------------------------------------

I'm here mio fiore. Come back to me.

I'm right here.

My eyes flew open when Kiara began to cry.
"Oh baby, shhhh..." I slowly grabbed her and stood to walk across the room with her. "It's okay."
I began caressing her back meanwhile I sang to her for what felt like an eternity until she relaxed again.
Once she had closed her eyes, I remained with her for another hour until I left and went back to my room, where to my surprise Francesco hadn't even change. He was exactly sitting in one of the small couches, waiting patiently.
The way he looked made me jump and almost scream. Placing a hand in my chest I sigh in relief and finally say, "What's wrong? Why are you still awake?" I crossed my arms.
"Nothing's wrong Angel."
Angel? He hasn't called me that way since our last fights. But that's cause I was so bothered that I told him to not call me that way anymore.
But the word finally coming out of his mouth did an effect on me.
I furrow my eyebrows after looking at him strangely.
As I made my way to the bathroom to change clothes I heard how he followed me from behind, stopping himself at the door to watch me.
"You still haven't answered the other question, " I say as I attempt to unzip my dress.
        "My father's rule." He came closer and did it for me. "He doesn't want me to be involved in his business remember? I'm not his son anymore but a prisoner." We look at each other through the front mirror of the bathroom and remain still for a while.
     When he notices that I don't make any move to undress in front of him, he turns around and leaves me by myself.
I want him to touch me. Caress me the way he used to. But I think that all that time we spend down there, only made our passion fade away. Like a candle does.
      Why can't he feel that need for love instead of lust for me? Or does he only want me to have sex with him because he's jealous of Matteo? To prove to me that I'm his perhaps?
     No. I don't want that.
    And he rejected me many times!
Maybe I shouldn't cause I might get pregnant.
    The thought engraved in my mind that it hurt me to not even show him my affection. Or a way to exchange our energy. Our love. Our desire.
     Glancing one last time at myself with my wavy hair, I walked towards our bed, where he was already laying down, but giving his back to me as a way to avoid ourselves looking into each other's hateful yet longing eyes.
      What surprised me was that he never argued of Matteo. He never exclaimed or demanded something from me. It was like...he ignored the topic. Maybe he doesn't care anymore that he wouldn't mind if he finds me with him, alone.
     I laugh silently.
He would kill him if he finds us that way.
I glance at him to at least admire the way he looked, but then I remembered how tonight was the first one that he actually sleeps. That's what love most of about him. His protection. At least that hasn't changed.
"Francesco?" I whispered.
As a need to hear his voice surged within me.
But he never answered back when I even repeated his name two more times.
I sigh and finally mimic his position. Turning around, giving my back as well to him. Even the space between us felt stiff and cold. Or maybe that's how I felt. I couldn't differentiate.
My eyes finally began to close slowly, bringing back the voice of him. Calling me. Over and over again in my dreams.
I'm here mio fiore. Come back to me. I'm right here.
But the weirdest thing was that I never saw him. I only heard his voice. Or that's what I remember.

Angel.

I'm right here.

Stay with me.