Chapter 28

Francesco

Ten years ago...

"Be ready son. Tonight I'll give you a present for your eighteenth birthday." My father said when I came into his office.
Erick stood beside me like a partner in work. He acted professionally every time my father was near, in a way to make him proud because his loyalty belonged to him.
Erick admired and respected my father more than anyone else. More than I did. I couldn't care less about his impressive work but my dad said the opposite.
I gave a firm nod. "Anything else?"
He walks towards me with a wide smile. "Yes." He pauses and rubs his forehead. "Be puntual."
After he muttered those words, I turned around and left. Bitterness spreading through my mouth and conflict through my chest.
When will I get rid of him? When will the time come?
         "Hey, " Erick said enthusiastically. He reached and stood in front of me with a wide smile that made me want to punch and remove those fake white teeth of his stupid face.
       "What do you want?" I asked annoyed.
       "I wanted to give you your present now."
       "No thank you."
  I walked around to avoid him but he followed.
   "Why not? Don't make me force you to come."
"There are more important things to do."
He gives a bitter laugh that echoes in the whole hallway.
"I know." He scratches his jawline. "But its good to have fun for a while. Let's go."
Rolling my eyes, I finally gave in and came after him. We walked through the corridors where each room that we passed by was vacated. Not a single voice came from inside. Not a sound. Nothing.
It felt like no one lived here. Maybe just the wondering soul of my mother who wants revenge.
As soon as we stepped into the basement, my eyes widened at the sight of a woman who was tightened both hands into two columns. Her wrists bled just like her mouth did. Her head rose as soon as she heard our steps. She whimpered when Erik bent down and cleaned her mouth. He lifted his finger and tasted it in an enjoyable way.
Fucking psycho.
"Who is she?"
"One of our whores. Well, she used to be my whore but not anymore, " he said with disgust.
I walked forward and bent down to get a better look at her face. From the way her eyes closed and her mouth trembled, was a clear sign that she fear us. Despises us.
I couldn't recognize her but I was sure that she has been here for years because of Erik. He wanted her for himself only. Yet sometimes he did share her with his mates. Perhaps she was twenty-five and kidnapped when she was around her teens.
"Why not? She's already tired of sucking your dick?"
He laughs and claps my back. "She tried to kill me." He smiles at her. "How dare you. This whore really thought she had the fucking chance."
She could have if only she was taught how to.
"What do you plan to do with her?"
I straightened and patiently waited for his answer.
"Torture her with you."
I clench my jaw and nod.
The need of helping her overflowed in me. I don't blame her for what she tried to do. Instead I admire her for having the courage, the balls, to at least try it. Even if I said an excuse to help her it would be too lame for him to believe.
"I'll bring the tools, " He said after he kissed her harshly on the lips, leaving her crying silently.
Slowly he turned around and left. I took my gun and pointed it at her. She lifted her head, light touching gently her face where her features could finally be seen with clarity.
A relief expression crossed her face once she realized what was going to happen. She smiled at me like if I was an angel.
An angel that will not let her suffer in hands of a monster. But she is wrong. He wasn't the only monster here.
"Thank you, " she whispered.
I nodded before she closed her eyes and smiled.
I quickly pulled the trigger and her body swung lifeless. Her color drained, turning her skin into a white tone. Her smile remained as she welcomed the darkness and solace within her.
Erik steps came louder and quicker as I remained fascinated by her smile.
"What the fuck have you done?" Erik yelled. He ran towards her and bent down to see if she was still alive.
"I just sped the process, " I said dryly. "I told you I have better things to do." I pause and tilt my head. He begins to caress her hair and realization got to me.
How can a monster love someone that they don't deserve?
"But I did have fun."
I turn around and left him with the broken pieces of what I caused for good. Except that for her, it was a gift. Her broken soul was now in a better place. In heaven, a place I will never get the chance to be.

------------------------------------------------------------