Chapter 26

Francesco

       When I woke up with Ava in my arms, a smile arose on my face. I felt powerful with her at my side and all I want to do is protect her from any men she gets near with. She looked so beautiful and peaceful when she slept. Her cheeks as her lips were soft pink that it seemed like she had blushed so hard after kissing for a long time. I slowly placed my hand on her hip and pulled her more toward me. Her forehead creased at my move for a moment but then her whole body relaxed, her expression changing once again into a calmer one.
       Last night I did come for two reasons: Fucker her endlessly because of the bitterness in my heart when I remembered for the millionth time, how she tried to escape. And finally, I needed to see her and feel that adrenaline rush through my whole body. That sensation of how my heart races when I get near her knowing she loves me.
How the fuck can she love me? Is that even possible?
      When the words escaped her mouth with such firmness and power, I had the need to let her go at that same moment. Easily I could have opened the door, given her a gun, and let her go. Then the idea of never seeing her again, overwhelmed me. I'm not sure if I'm in love with her yet. But now I'm addicted to her: to her beautiful and confident voice that's music to my ears, her eyes that hold no fear and innocence, and tenderness towards her family or even me. Even her body which I love to see under me as she screams with pleasure.
She's my addiction.
     Her words did something on me and I knew she wanted to know when I was going to let her go. Little does she know, all this time I've been planning her escape but as I've gotten closer to her, I wanted to take advantage of the time that I have left with her to enjoy everything she has to offer. Before she gets back to her real lover.
A man like me doesn't deserve an angel like her.
    Neither do I want her near my father.
      I ran my hand towards her arm and began caressing her until her eyes finally opened. I felt how she tensed as she realized how close she was to me. Giving me one surprising look, she slowly sat down and rubbed her eyes as if that will make her clear her vision and hope this wasn't real.
      "Good morning."
    She half smiled. "Good morning."
    We remained silent for a while, and for the first time, she didn't kept talking like she used to do. It felt like we were nervous around each other, especially her. The environment felt drastic and strange.
        I finally got out of bed still wearing my white shirt on and walked towards the door meanwhile, I adjusted my rolled sleeves.
       "Let's go and have breakfast, " I said as I waited for her near the door.
     She tilted her head. A doubtful and stunned expression surged in her face, but obeyed, without any complaint. The way she acted made me curious.
What might she be thinking?
        We went downstairs, and once we got inside the kitchen, she began taking the eggs.
        "Sit down." I directed her towards a chair and she finally smiled.
      "You cook?" She tilts one of her eyebrows.
      "It's easy to guess I do. I make wonders with a knife." I lift the knife and she laughs quietly.
    Throughout the whole time I spent cutting and tasting, she observed me carefully and I loved it somehow. I served the bacon and omelet carefully on separate plates, and soaked the extra oil with a part towel before I added the rest of the food. 
    Once we sat beside each other and ate, she crossed her arms and finally said, "I'm not going to sleep with you."
       "So making breakfast means that I want to sleep with you?" I mimic her expression and laugh deeply.
       "Sort of." She shrugs. "If you do something for me, it means you want something in return. And what else would you like from me rather than me opening your legs for you? Cause that's the only thing it will satisfy you. So stop trying."
     I placed a hand on the back of her chair and got closer. "Believe me. Even without trying, I could make you give in to me."
       "You're an asshole."
     I smirked and straightened. "Get changed. I'll show you how to defend yourself—"
        "I already know," she said in a teasing tone.
        "Then prove yourself, sweetheart."
      She rolled her eyes and left meanwhile, I changed into a black t-shirt and pants. Excitement flowed in her body and it was noticeable by the way she ran and came back five minutes later dressed in black leggings and a sports bra. The clothing material revealed perfectly her small waist and her round ass.
Fucking gorgeous.
       She followed downstairs to the basement and took two different paths until we got to the training room. It was spacious in both ways, width and height. There were a few working out machines, and punching bags which are the ones I use the most. In the middle of the room, white plastic carpets were stuck to the floor and used for any type of fight. Honestly, I only used them when I was stressed or had the need to kill someone, so that when I called one of my men or four to fight against them.
     The only reason I'm showing her how to fight is that when I finally free her, she needs to defend herself good enough on the streets and find her way back home. Women need to be prepared in case they find crazy fuckers that need to get their dick wet no matter how.
       "You want me to kill you? Is that why you want to show me?" She said with a defiant tone. Her hands squeezed into fists and finally got into position.
"Maybe." I smile and walked towards the carpet where she stood at. "My father used to beat me in front of his men. No mercy. No regret. No guilt." I take my shirt off and throw it sideways. "That was the purpose. He wanted me to learn how to defend myself and kill my opponent without reluctance. However, all that time he thought that every punch I landed on my opponent was from excitement when in reality it was the contrary." My hands clenched into tight fists. "It was rage towards him."
I took a step forward and lifted my hand towards her face but she bent down to avoid the pain in her face. I repeated the basic moves and she easily evaded them all.
"My mother taught me almost every night how to defend myself." A smile surged on her face. "Believe me, you're not the only one who was left with bruises."
She ran and dragged me backward but with a single hit, not strong enough to hurt her, of my leg on her ribs, she gasped and stepped back. Her breathing got heavy and all she did was to give me a bothered before she ran again towards me. This time she was able to hit me hard on the arm that I groaned.
Impressive.
She tried to repeat the action but this time I quickly grabbed both of her wrists and pulled her against me.
"Why aren't you fighting like you hate me? You think just because you're a woman I won't hurt you?"
She pushed herself away but I went after her. We immediately fell on the ground but she caught me off guard and began to choke me from behind with her arm tightened on my neck.
"The question is...why aren't you fighting like the capo that you are? Or soon going to be." She said breathlessly. "Why aren't you fighting like a man?"
I could effortlessly hit her nose with the back of my head but that will only make her bleed endlessly. My hand lands on her arms and I instantly remove them with no effort. We began to turn around on the floor until she ended on top of me. Her hand once again lands on my neck and I mimic her move, checking her slightly that a moan escapes her mouth. We remain that way for a while. Our breaths syncing and our eyes speaking more than we could.
"There's beauty on your strength. Your mother taught you well."
She licked her lips. Tension building between us. "So there's beauty in your resistance of not actually hurting me." She paused. "You should have. Those bruises would have helped for the next encounter with your father."
I clenched my jaw and positioned my other hand on her waist. "I won't cause you pain in any way. I don't want to see any bruise on your delicate body." I pause as a catch a glimpse of devotion in her. "This is just the average force of a man who has barely fought. One day you'll see how I truly fight."
     She smiles. "I hope it isn't against me then."
        I began pulling her slowly by her neck towards me until I slammed my lips against her. I flavored every inch and scent she has. I turned us around until she was below me, placing myself between her legs. In all truth, I was exploring her tongue that at the move she moaned in my mouth.
     I will make her beg for more. I will make her compare every kiss I gave her with her other lover. I will make her realize that this is how she must be pleased.
       She drew me closer and my inner feelings provoked a smile on my face of success. For the first time, my heart was reacting and my body radiated the same way hers did. Her hands-on my neck made me gave in. But the way our clothes prevented me to get inside of her, turned me on much more. It felt prohibited cause she was the one in control. The one who holds the power to decide if she wanted more. And what I love more is that she knows that.
     "Will you go on a date with me?"  I said breathlessly after I pulled away.
    Heat rose to her cheeks and realizations crossed through her eyes.
       "Why?" She looked at me confused.
       "I promise it's not for sex." I straightened and offered her hand which she doubtfully took. "Wear a black dress. I'll pick you at nine." I turned around already walking away.
       "I didn't even say yes yet."
       "I know." I gave her one last look. "But I also know you won't reject the idea of leaving the house."
      She remained silent and looked away. She didn't even deny it. 
      And finally I left her behind me.

Just a few more weeks. And you'll finally leave your husband.