Chapter 44

Ava

       The moment Francesco closed the door I waited for a couple of seconds before I began to follow him quietly, doing my best as possible to not make any noise and to not be noticed. Gladly this time I was wearing jeans so if there's an inconvenience I could easily crawl or sneak easily in a place without worrying.
I followed him slowly, cause Francesco ALWAYS knows when someone follows him, but as his wife, I've been the first one to know the strategy to avoid being seen.
As he took a new step, we went through different hallways making me almost gasp at the size of this house. I thought I used to know every hidden place by now, but I guess that I'm wrong. There's something new every time I go around with Kiara and a guard at my side.
After turning around corners and taking a few stairs, Francesco finally made his way inside an unknown room, and before I followed, something catches my eye. Girls.
"Remain silent and walk, " an old woman instructed. I quickly hid on a curtain to blend and noted they were going to another hallway.
All girls seemed younger this time but I couldn't see their faces cause they were covered with a white veil, the same color as their dress.
Goosebumps spread through my skin and there was a throb in my heart of what I was seeing. My instinct wanted me to remain here but my love of mother couldn't stand seeing them that I had to do something. When the line of girls disappeared, I made my way, running quickly to observe where they are really going.
"No more tears!" The women exclaimed and they obliged until they entered through a two-wooden door that slides sideways. To my surprise Alfonso, Erik and Matteo were the only ones inside. Matteo didn't move but there was a hint of horror on his face that I knew he didn't like what they did as well as Francesco and I thought as well.
Once the five girls entered, the doors were closed by Erik, meaning that they didn't expect a sort of intruder, cause no guard was outside those doors.
Glancing around one last time, ensuring that no one followed me, I went forward and walked towards the back where I attempted to enter the small space that the same room had, as a way to observe what happened in it. The same which I had discovered last week in case I needed to hide from some sudden attack in the house.
It was wide and dark enough but any noise I made, was a suicide. There was a vast hidden line that helped me see what was inside, and thankfully hear what they said. That's when I tried my best to not even move and make my breaths slower.
"The best ones we got, sir." The woman pointed at the five girls. "The younger is thirteen and the older seventeen. All of them virgins just like you asked."
Alfonso looked at them with curiosity and desire, and a sudden disgust went through me. I wanted to scream at him to not lay a finger on them or I'll kill him, but what could I do?
"Come here." Alfonso lifted his hand and moved his fingers as a way to tell her to come near him. The blonde girl didn't move. Her body trembled in fear but she obliged. Alfonso removed the veil and saw the many tears that fell on her cheeks.
"Why are you crying?" He asked. "I haven't given you yet a reason to."
My eyes blurred when she finally said, "I want my mommy."
"Your mommy isn't here, " Erik added annoyed.
"I don't want to be here, " she whispered in a trembling voice.
"But you are, " Alfonso said.
"I want my mommy, " The girl insisted.
"Your mommy is dead sweetheart, you being here now."
She shook her head and glanced at the others.
"You are lying!" She sobbed.
Alfonso tensed as she begged to be back with her mom and that's when he finally slapped her, making her fall on the ground.
"Enough!" He yelled, making the other girls jump in fear at his tone. "You want your mommy?! Huh? Fine."
He gave a nod towards Erik and he took his gun out to point at her.
No. No.
I burst outside and ran towards the room until I made my way inside. I covered the girl with my own body, as she hugged me tightly from behind.
"Don't kill her! She's just a girl! A child!" I begged.
The three of them looked at me with amazement and that's when Alfonso smiled.
"Shouldn't you be asleep by now?!"
My breathing accelerated just like adrenaline did on my veins.
"I can't sleep knowing that you are doing this to young girls!"
He laughs bitterly and glances at the others. Matteo shook his head at me as a warning. His eyes widened and begged me through a look to leave.
"Please. Let them go."
"Get out of my way!" Erik spat as he got closer to me.
"No."
The girls began to cry at the fierce tone that suddenly they all went behind me.
"Move or I'll kill you."
I remained silent as I stood with no fear in front of me, and out of a sudden, he lifted his gun and pointed at me. I closed my eyes in expectation but there was someone who ran in front of me making me feel a soft breeze in my skin.
"Not before I kill you first."
I opened my eyes and saw how Francesco stood in front of me with Erik's gun. Somehow he took it from him in a skillful way that I didn't see. My body relaxed at the man who covered me completely as a way to avoid any harm on me.
"Careful." Alfonso slowly said. "If you kill anyone in the room remember the consequences son. It's your daughter's safety we are talking about."
"You're threatening my daughter?!" I exclaimed angrily.
"Remember whose house is this Ava."
I clench my jaw.
"You should leave. Both, " Matteo said from the corner as he pointed at Francesco with a gun.
"Not until you let them go!" I continued.
"Ava, " Francesco whispered. "It's our daughter or them."
I shook my head. "Don't make me choose, " I cried.
Suddenly there was a click on my head and I realized that the one pointing at me was the old woman that stood behind me. "Choose." She said dryly. "Your daughter or them, girls that you don't even know."
I slowly turned around and looked at the old lady of dark skin and black short hair with hateful eyes. Little does she know that Francesco showed me a trick and in a matter of seconds, I took the gun out of her hands.
"You disgust me."
The woman took a step back and looked at Alfonso as a way to ask for aid.
"As a woman, you should be the less involved in this. Would you like to get raped? Have your daughter go through the same thing?! Huh?"
She swallowed harshly and tears blurred her eyes.
"Maybe if it happens to you the same thing..." I get closer to her face. "You'll understand their pain."
"Drop the gun now!" Alfonso shouted, interrupting me.
I glanced at Francesco and he did, choosing his priority rather than some innocent souls.
That was the hardest thing. Not being able to help them.
My eyes fell on the girls who looked at me with pain yet with hope and it hurt me for what I was about to do.
"I'm sorry, " I cried. "I'm so sorry."
I lowered my gun and left with Francesco at my side. My sobs got louder cause I couldn't avoid hearing the cries if the girls as we got farther away from them. The pain got intense in me that I almost fell on the ground if it wasn't for Francesco catching me.
He lifted me in his arms as I cried endlessly with my head laying on his chest.
"I want to be at your side when you bring all of this down, " I said in a broken voice that made him look at me with surprise. "I'll be at your side and I'll kill with you each one of them in the name of all the girls." I got closer to his ear. "It will be you and me, " I whispered.

You and me.