Chapter 3

Ava

Time passed by and the blue sky ceased so the darkness could rise. The wind got colder just like the music got louder. My stare remained on the white beautiful floor placed above the grass where Franceso and I walked into for our first wedding dance. Each step I took was cautiously observed by many people who still regarded me with curiosity, wondering who will I be?
They might be expecting someone who will make Francesco happy for the rest of his life, and that I'll bring happiness into this home. Well, that's bullshit. Everything is, and sadly I can't do anything about it. And these are just repeating thoughts that bring sensations I can't avoid feeling.
Is just one dance and...oh my God. Is he going to obligate me to have sex with him tonight? No, he won't. What am I saying? I don't even know him. Why am expecting him to be good? What's wrong with me? Ugh.
I go back to reality when he places his hand on my waist and carefully pulls me towards him. We balanced from one side to the other as I scanned the crowd. But then I gasped as he gave me quick twirl with a smile that spread across his face, enlightening every feature to express happiness. He repeated the same movement two more times until we ended with him lowering us backward. I grabbed him by hi neck with one hand and the other placed in his arm. Our faces got closer and that's when I finally noticed his blue eyes. All this time I thought they were green and hopeful like Matteo's. But his were different. There were so full of life yet so uncertain. He knew what suffering was really like. But deeply he also knew the opposite. What feeling happy and un bothered was like. Or he knew long time ago. The blue-green hue carried his emotional currents, and before I could blink he kissed my cheek quickly.
     The rest of the night I spent it sitting all by myself on our table, where he had left me so he could greet or talk to others. To them, I didn't deserve to know any of these people and honestly, I didn't care if I wasn't given that right. The only thing that kept me all together were my memories. Memories of my old self. Especially, the ones with my parents. Even though they prevented me to explore the world, now I understand why they kept me hidden.  It all makes sense now. A tear escapes and I quickly wipe it away.
      Time passed by and it was time for us to leave. Which meant only one thing. Tonight was what Francesco has been waiting for. More like the pleasure he has been wanting a long time ago. We walked towards a black polarized car where he opened the door and I got in meanwhile, people even fucking followed us here to say goodbye.
     A man bowed his head at me as I seated on the cold leather back seat. Francesco finally closed the door and gave a simple nod to the man before he started driving. I remained close to the left side, to be distanced from him. In the beginning, I thought he was going to glare and pull me but he couldn't care less. His gaze was fixed on the window and never looked at me once. His smile had faded, and it made me fear him more like this. He looked dangerous and harmful. A man who looked full of sins and was proud of them. That with his bare hands he could kill someone easily and enjoy it.
Minutes passed by and we got into unknown and lonely streets with many pine trees. I didn't like where I was going but I felt calmer knowing that Alfonso wasn't going to be near me. His laughs and insults make me cringe and curl a little at the thought.
Finally, I noticed a huge gray gate where two guards stood. They quickly opened it as the car got closer. As soon as we got inside, I gasped at the beauty of the small mansion. The white color dominated and the round columns made it look like a greek revival house. A round fountain and a small garden gave the elegant detail of the place as well.

       The car came to a stop and without wasting time Francesco opened the door to get out

The car came to a stop and without wasting time Francesco opened the door to get out. I tried to open mine but it was locked.
You've got to be kidding me.
Sighting I imitated his moves and followed him towards the huge house that is now my prison. We walked inside and my eyes went wide. The floor was made of white marble. Each step I took, it echoed loudly in the room where we stood. Luxurious furniture gave an elegant touch, especially the chandeliers in the ceiling. But it was the silence and emptiness of the house that called my attention. Except for the thousand of guards outside who gave him a smirk when they saw me pass by. I flinched when the door was finally closed and he began walking towards the wide beautiful stairs. And of course, I followed him from behind.
      This is going to be harder than I thought. How am I going to run out with those guards securing all the area? Fuck. Oh God, please help me.
      "Walk in front of me."
   I stopped in surprise as I saw his jaw clench from where I stood. I remain in silence and after some seconds I obliged. My body stiffened and I could barely walk because I knew he was looking at me.
       "To your right, " he said as soon as we encountered two different hallways.
     I continue walking and feel the soft panic that grows inside of me as we get closer to his room. Swallowing harshly I get inside and stand in the middle of the room regarding the big white bed and the black lingerie waiting for me. My breaths turn rapid and shallow. My vision blurs and all I do is to remain still.
     "Take your clothes off."
   I close my eyes and cover my mouth to prevent sobbing loudly in front of him. I don't want to show him I'm weak but I can't resist the feeling. Minutes go by and he doesn't repeat twice. He simply waits for me to do it. Eventually, I find my courage and slowly begin to take my dress off until I'm left in my white underwear the women told me to wear. I feel the coldness in every inch of my skin, and the loud beat of my heart. It worsens when I hear him move to grab something and then walk towards me. Goose pump appears on my skin as I feel his slow breathing in my neck.
      "Turn around."
    I slowly do what he says and I see him looking at me with interest. He tilts his head and his eyes fall on my chest. But quickly return to lock with mine.
       He raises his arms slowly and I instantly close my eyes, and for a moment I felt I was about to collapse on the floor if he touched me unwilling. But suddenly I felt a piece of clothing on my face, and when I opened my eyes again, I realized he was trying to put me a t-shirt on. 
      What?
     I slide my arms through it and I looked at him confused. Before I could ask he turned around and left, closing the doors behind him and leaving m stunned.
    I couldn't believe what just happened but it wasn't enough for me to trust him.
    Is he trying to fool me? Why am I acting so fragile in front of him?!
    After staring at the black door in front of me meanwhile, I sat on the bed for a long time, I walked towards it.
     Maybe is opened and I could go.
    I took a deep breath before I rotating the door handle. But sadly it was fucking locked.
     Great.
   I sighed and fell to the floor.
      Maybe I should be the one to gain his trust and then escape.

Maybe.