Chapter 56

ADALYNNE

I sat in my room for the longest time, getting ready and all. I had just got done curling my hair into loose curls and I applied some makeup at my vanity. My outfit (which was picked out by Baylor) was lying on my bed right where Baylor placed it. Once I was done placing makeup on my face, I slid the outfit on and looked at myself in the full length mirror.

Baylor had decided to take me on a date, and since the date was somewhat formal, Baylor bought me a dress that he thought I looked "beautiful" in. He knew I never really wore dresses like most girls, so he intended on buying me one.

I slid on my two-inch wedges and grabbed my satchel. I placed my wallet and my phone in the satchel and slung it over my shoulder.

I had made sure my legs were perfectly shaved and my toes were painted. I lathered lotion on my legs and arms and sprayed on some of Bath and Body Works' Thousand Wishes perfume that went along with the lotion.

When I made sure my iron was off and my lights out, I walked out of my room. I heard a bit of mumbling and soon after I heard giggling. My head popped around the corner and I saw Aiden lying in Jo's lap. He was mumbling things in front of her belly and Jo was giggling. I only smiled and I sat on the recliner. It was amazing how my brother accepted the fact that he'd be a father in nine months. I had to let it sink in that I would be an aunt at the age of seventeen. I'd never see Aiden having a kid.

"You aren't aggravating my niece or nephew, are you?" I asked with a warning tone. Aiden turned his neck to look at me.

"Where r'you going looking all nice and fancy?" he inquired.

"You look beautiful, Adalynne. I love the dress," Jo complimented.

"Thank you," I smiled. "I can't believe a guy picked this dress out," I cackled.

"Baylor picked that out?!" she gasped. I nodded my head.

"He's got a good taste," Jo said. "I wish he was like that." Jo patted Aiden's chest and she grinned at his facial expression.

"The baby has my genes. You're welcome," Aiden added sarcastically.

"So you're calling me ugly?" Jo arched a brow as she peered at Aiden.

"Absolutely not." Aiden turned his head and looked at me again.

"So where are you going?" Aiden asked once again.

"Out," I shortly answered.

He hummed. "Don't be making babies."

I threw a pillow at him and he growled. "Be careful around the baby!"

"Aiden, the baby is the size of a grain of sand." I only shook my head. I can't imagine what Aiden will do when his son or daughter is my age.

There was a knock on the door and I looked at the time on the digital clock on the wall. It read the time he said he was going to pick me up, and he was right on the dot. I waltzed to the door and opened it. Baylor was busy arranging his tie and the collar of his tux.

His head craned to look at me and I only smiled. I pulled the knot of the tie and pushed it into its place.

"You look beyond gorgeous, Rose." My stomach tingled with butterflies and I grinned.

"You look really handsome, Baylor."

I wasn't that far from his lips. I didn't have to stand on my tiptoes to kiss him. I kissed him on his lips, and then I told my brother and Jo I love them.

Baylor held my hand as we walked on the cement, about to head downstairs.

"You don't have to knock; you can come right on in, y'know," I acknowledged.