Chapter 47

I felt Baylor stand up from the warm mattress and I opened my eyes to see what was going on. His icy hand grazed my cheek and I glared.

"You are a bed hog." I pulled away and rolled onto my stomach and pulled the cover over my head. The bed dipped in and I felt Baylor right beside me, hovering over me, practically.

"Can I have some covers?" he whispered. I fisted some of the fabric and shoved it over to him. The comforter tugged a little bit over my foot and I felt cool air bite my foot. I whined at the uncomfortable feeling and tugged my left foot towards my body.

"What time is it?" I mumbled, noticing how it wasn't even daylight outside. It was pitch black dark in his room and I was tired.

"Like, 2 AM."

I groaned and buried my head deep into the puffy pillow; at least I had a few more hours to sleep, which I was satisfied with. While under the duvet, Baylor's hand slid under my shirt and his lengthy fingers rubbed circles into my lower back.

I yawned. I felt horrible for being rude and inconsiderate. Even though I couldn't hear his argument, I knew deep down in his mind that he believed I was being a bitch. I decided to glue myself to him and leaned my head on his upper abdomen. We had at least more than an equal amount of the duvet being shared, and warmth and comfort spread through our bodies. Baylor's fingers continued to touch my skin. His digits began from the spot just behind my ear, and trailed down the curve all the way to my shoulder. My arm hugged his waist and my well leg fell in between the gap between his legs.

"Are you comfortable?" Baylor murmured. His tone had a bit of beseeching; I could tell he wanted ourselves to be closer than we are right now just by how he keeps squirming.

"Are you trying to get comfortable?" I whispered. My eyes were already closing from the heavy weight my eyelids had.

"Yeah, and it's not seeming to work," he complained. I slid my weary body up more so I could be at head's length with him. Baylor settled then and stopped squirming. His arm draped over my waist and his fingers were drawing circles in my lower back. Baylor let out a big breath, like a big relief was off his shoulders, and I smiled against the pillow.

"Is it just because you wanted me right beside you?"

He hummed an "mhm" truthfully.

"Baylor, you are honestly one of the biggest dorks I've ever met," I cackled. And he was: he wanted to aggravate me to the point where I had to move.

"Well I had to move so I could get comfortable." My hand roamed down his arm that was draped over me and I found his hand and snaked my fingers around his. I brought our combined hands between our chests and closed my eyes.

"Are you asleep?" Baylor whispered. I opened my eyes and pointed out his figure in the illuminated room.

"I'm trying to go back to sleep because I'm tired." My eyes were really heavy and they kept fluttering open every time he spoke.

"Okay, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Silence filled the room, for only a minute, and he spoke again. "Hey babe?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you, Baylor."

BAYLOR

It feels amazing to hear those words from her lips; to actually feel something when she speaks. It's wonderful to know that someone loves me because I didn't think anyone else could.