Chapter 49

About an hour later, including talking about the possibilities of Baylor's reaction to all of this bull crap, Jo left. Aiden was still at the gym and Baylor hadn't came by yet. It was nearly eight at night and I was growing antsy. I had butterflies in my stomach as I grew nervous for telling him. The worst thing possible is losing him. I just can't lose Baylor; he's too good for me and he doesn't even realize it.

I walked to my room to check my phone. Once I walked in, my phone was vibrating like crazy. I looked at the bright lockscreen and read all of the messages that were from Baylor.

Hey, can I come over? I need to talk to you. That was sent ten minutes ago.

Adalynne?

Babe?

You there?

Hello?

Don't tell me you're ignoring me now.

Adalynne!

I love you!

Okay, now answer.

Babeeeeeeee!

I smiled at the texts, but then my lips fell into a frown. Baylor is going to give up on me, I can feel it.

Yes of course. :) I sent the iMessage. I began typing again as I forgot to send something. I have to talk to you about something too. I love you more.

As I put my phone back on my nightstand, I went to my dresser to retrieve a scrunchy. I flipped my hair over and began twisting my long, thick mane. I wrapped it on top of my head and placed the scrunchy around my hair to keep its place. My phone began to ring and it was Baylor.

"Hello?"

"Hey, are you okay?" I closed my eyes and felt lost in this world.

"No."

"Well I'm on the way, I love you."

I tried to sound happy and joyful as I spoke, but my voice was shaky.

"I love you, Baylor." I hung up and placed my phone in my pocket.

I began to tremble and I shook to the point to where I was frightened and nervous at the same time. I felt tears welling in my eyes and I tried wiping them away.

A knock was heard on the door and I wondered why he didn't just walk in.

"Come in!"

I was sitting on the couch again, hugging a pillow to my chest like earlier. The door opened and the butterflies settled and I became numb.

His long legs carried his body towards me. "Hey, what's wrong?" He sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him. Baylor laid a gentle, four second kiss on my forehead.

I breathed out shakily, and I began inhaling and exhaling heavily. It felt as if I were having an anxiety attack, but it was stress.

"You're going to hate me so much."

He smiled. "Of course not, I could never hate the girl I love."

I shook my head and pulled away. "You're not even gonna want to be around me. I mean it, you'll hate me so much," I warned.

He laughed. "What did you do?" He acted surprised at this, apparently because "I never do wrong" is what Baylor says.

I bit my lip. "Derek and I - we . . ."