Chapter 27

ADALYNNE

Once I awoke, the smell of faded cologne and fabric softener packed my senses. I smiled, remembering that the scent of Baylor was still lingering on my sheets. But once I ran my strained eyes down an olive-skinned arm, my eyes scanned over half of a limb that was dangling over my body. His other arm was snaked smoothly around my body, with fingers pressed into my lower back. My hand was resting on his toned, chiseled chest, a bit of his shirt crinkled between my fingers. For his support, he rested his chin just atop my head.

"Good morning, sleepy," a hoarse voice spoke. The bottom of my neck heated in blush as I hoped he wasn't awake when I kissed his chest.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked.

"Not long."

"We're missing school, y'know," I acknowledged.

"So."

His arms never moved from winding around my body, which brought me closer to his figure on purpose.

"What would Aiden think of this? That one time he thought I had actually slept with you," I adjoined.

"One day you will," he laughed as I gawked and smacked his chest.

"Baylor!"

"I'm joking!" he swore.

We laid here for what seemed like an hour or two. He'd make circular motions with his digits on my bare back from where my shirt had risen a few inches. I know he felt the chill bumps that surfaced because I felt them rise within the contact of his fingers. My legs somehow winded in between his long, hairy legs.

"You know what happened last night?" Baylor asked whilst his chest vibrated against my ear when he spoke.

"I didn't push you off the couch, did I?" I joked halfheartedly.

He laughed curtly, "No, you didn't have a nightmare."

Once trying to think of any evidence of a current nightmare, I realized I finally received a full night's sleep for once. I've never slept with another person for a full night. Aiden would only appear in the middle of the morning, and when I was asleep finally, he'd leave. But Baylor comforted me, held me in his embrace all night long, and is still here after being on this sofa, in the same position, for over twelve hours.

"Thank you." I wounded my arm to rest on his abdomen.

"For what?"

"Just for being there for me," I responded.

"Anything for you, Adalynne." Baylor pressed his head on my temple.

And this is the Baylor I've completely fallen for.

***

Once Baylor dropped me off at home, I brushed my teeth and showered. It was already 3PM, and by the time I got out the shower, I wrapped the hair towel around my hair and the body towel around my figure, and entered my room. I felt like wearing sweats and Baylor's comfy hoodie. It still smells like him; with the slight cigarette smoke, cologne, and fabric softener plugging my senses every time.

I wiped the residue of old eye makeup off and brushed my hair with a huge comb. Since it's only 3:30, Aiden won't arrive home until 6, so that gives me time to watch a few episodes of The Walking Dead.

My charging phone constantly vibrated on my nightstand. I padded from my dresser to the side of my bed and sat on my unmade bed, checking my phone.

Jo: Geez, you're missing too much of school. Derek didn't come to school either, so that saved my ass major time.