Chapter 30

Waking up to the sound of rain is one of the most amazing melodies to awaken to. I turned on my stomach and pulled the duvet over my warm body. My hair cascaded around my face reasoning for my nose and cheek to itch. I didn't bother flipping my hair back because I was too lazy to do so. I buried my head deeper into my chilly pillow, feeling sleep nearly conquering me again. But the moment I nearly fell asleep was the moment when my bedroom door opened.

"Two more minutes, please. That's all I'm asking," I groaned. I completely pulled my comforter over my head, not wanting the light to hit my eyes.

Instead of Aiden saying anything, I felt the bed dip down and the huge quilt pulled back just slightly.

"It's so dark in here," Aiden muttered into my pillow. He pulled the duvet over his head and I could tell he was nearly asleep by the quietness that took over his consciousness.

"What day is it?"

"Thursday. It's supposed to rain today, tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday." I actually like the rain; it gives me a reason to stay in and watch movies, sleep, and stay warm, definitely in the fall and winter seasons.

"Are you mad at me and Baylor?" I asked. I never got the chance to ask him yesterday since he had left, so now was a good time to inquire.

"Why would I be mad? About you two dating?"

"Yeah," I said.

"No, just took me by surprise, really. I know he's liked you for a while now, but I've never seen the day where you liked him back," Aiden answered.

"Oh, well I was just wondering because I know you hate your friends trying to date me and all, and Baylor is your friend," I noted.

"Yeah, but he's better for you, so I don't care about Baylor dating you," Aiden voiced.

I yawned and huffed. "Instead of brushing your hair first, brush your teeth because your breath reeks," Aiden's tone filled with amusement.

"Yeah, yeah."

"Alright, you've got to get up." Aiden ran his hand up and down my back.

I moaned in laziness and dreadfulness of the day ahead of me. Aiden left the room and as he did, I slowly tried to peel myself from my warm, cozy bed. But I couldn't do it.

"Adalynne Rose Claire! Get your lazy ass out of bed before I drag you," menaced my brother. I got up and went straight to my bathroom. Once I shut the door behind me, I grabbed a fluffy white towel and a washcloth from the bathroom cabinet and laid it on the toilet. As I let the water run behind the shower door, I brushed my teeth. Once I was done, I knew the water was hot just the way I liked it in the mornings.

***

After my warm shower, I got dressed for the weather outside. Since it was raining out, I threw my long, thick hair in a messy bun. Eye liner, mascara, and a little bit of blush completed my schedule of getting ready for the day. All I had to do was eat something because my stomach would not stop sounding like a dying whale. I turned my iHome off and pulled my iPod from the speaker and threw my iPod in my bag. I shoved my phone in the pocket of my sweat leggings just to simply pull it out when it came in use.

A knock on my door suddenly echoed through my room. "Yeah?" I called out to my brother.

Aiden opened my door and hung onto the wall as he poked his head in. "I brought you a McDonald's sausage McGriddle, a hash brown, and an iced mocha coffee. Now pay up," Aiden said.

"Sorry, I'm broke. But thank you for the food." With a simple shrug of shoulders and no words spoken, Aiden closed my door. Within six minutes, I devoured the delicious food. All that was left was my iced coffee, which was half full.