Chapter 42

When Baylor pouts, his lips nudge downwards into a frown and his eyes curve inwards near his nose and the three wrinkles crease in his forehead. His arm was laid across my upper abdomen as his head was resting on my shoulder. His eyes were closed now, but he wasn't asleep.

"You're such a leech." I was speaking of how he's always at my hip and he loves to be around me. But I can't deny that I love being around him either.

He opened his eyes and glared at me. A smirk tugged on the corners of my mouth, gesturing that I was joking.

"You never say or do anything about it," he smartly commented.

"I love it."

I always told myself that I wouldn't date the clingy people, but I found that I love it, especially with Baylor. It shows me that he likes spending time with me and he doesn't get tired of me.

"Thought so."

He reached up to press a kiss on my cheek and then he swiftly turned onto his stomach. His head was buried in the inside of his elbow. I slid just a tad bit closer to his side and began to caress his back with my stubby nails and the pads of my fingers.

His skin was always smooth and it seemed tanner than before. Lately he's always roamed around being shirtless privately. Every time he moved just a tiny bit, it was like every single muscle in his torso moved that was visible for me to see.

It took a good arm's stretching to reach the bottom of his core due to his long, lean torso.

When I ran my fingers up and down the trench of his spine, I felt goosebumps rise on his skin. Hoping that I didn't weigh too much for him to handle, I sat on his lower back and began to squeeze the line of his shoulders in between my hands. I dug my thumbs deeply into his skin, making him hum.

"That feels good," he murmured into his arm.

I smiled, applauding myself. I made my way down to his middle back, right where his lats were, massaging the tension right out of his back. I went more around the sides of his body - I could feel the hair of his armpits, making his body shudder as my hands scrolled around the area around the arch of his arms. I laughed.

"Are you ticklish there?" I grinned into his skin as I laid my head on the region of his shoulders.

I kissed the nape of his neck and laid my head sideways. I wrapped my arms around his chest.

"You're like a heater," I mumbled.

I slipped off of his back and laid on the right side of him. My head was by his arm and once he felt me nudge against his bicep, he slid his arm over my head and enclosed our heads with his muscly arms. I snaked my arm around his neck and brought his face closer to mine. My fingers were playing with his hair at the back of his head; as I pressed my wrist along the line of his jaw, my hand ran through his bed hair on the crown of his head. He opened his eyes and stared deeply into mine, not leaving eye contact with me when he kissed three spots on my wrist. Baylor laid his arm over my back and drawled me into him closer.

With his other hand, the thumb of his hand ran over my lips.

"You're so beautiful." He scoped over my lips with his hazel brown eyes and then looked back at me. I stopped playing with his hair and cradled his neck with my limbs. His arms snaked around my back securely and he rested his lips on the curve of my neck.

"I love you," I spoke into his ear. I pressed a kiss there.

"I love you," he mocked into the skin of my neck.

We stayed in that position for what felt like forever. We ended up falling asleep shortly after.

***