Chapter 67

BAYLOR

I was never a big fan of school dances; I've never attended one. But this is my senior year, and I needed to attend prom.

I haven't spoken anything of prom to Adalynne or anyone else. Prom is a week and a half away, and I don't want to be too late to ask Adalynne to prom. She'll have to find a dress and the perfect shoes; find someone to do her hair and makeup.

So I decided that it was the perfect time to ask her. But that's just the thing - how?

It's my senior year, and it has to be a night that I have to remember. And I need to have a good 'prom'posal to keep Adalynne's reaction in my mind. I love to see her face light up in happiness.

I decided to go to the local drug store to buy a poster board, permanent markers, tape, and a gigantic teddy bear.

When I arrived home, I laid the poster board on my kitchen island and wrote Prom?

Shit. No, that's not right. That's basic. I need help; another girl's perspective. Lindsay? Yes. And Jo? Yes.

I texted both of them with an S.O.S emergency and both of them showed up within a span of twenty minutes.

"Baylor, what in the hell -" Lindsay walked around the corner and spotted me sliding the markers to the side. "I thought something was wrong with you, you fag."

"What's going on here?" Jo asked when she entered my kitchen. She looked at the big teddy bear on the sofa in the living room, sitting up like a human being.

I ran my hands through my hair and looked at the boring, messed up poster board. "I want to ask her to prom but I don't know how," I sighed. Their eyes turned into squinted saucers with big smiles on their face.

But then they looked at the poster board and they bursted into a fit of laughter.

"Well for starters, just know if I received a promposal with a poster board saying Prom?, I'd say no." Jo cackled and Lindsay agreed.

"Well I've never been to a big dance like this, so I don't know how to do it. That's why I need your guys' help because you both are women and -" I paused and huffed. "I just don't know what to do."

"Baylor, this is prom. Not your actual proposal for marriage," Lindsay notified.

"Just know that she's gonna say yes anyway. She's your girlfriend."

I shook my head at Jo's statement. "I want her to know that I actually want her to go with me and to show her something that'll make her happy."

Lindsay clasped her hands and made an awe sound from her lips.

"Lindsay, you're not helping. I can't do this last minute."

They both laughed, making me roll my eyes at them.

"Okay, okay. You know her better than I do now, so tell me: what does she love? Not like, love."

I pondered over the question, and finally answered. "Nutella," I chuckled and Jo agreed.

"Okay, write that down," Lindsay said.

I took a marker and wrote it on a nearby notepad.

"What's another thing?"

I hummed in response. "Pictures; she likes taking pictures." I wrote that on the notepad as well.

"List two more things," Lindsay ordered.

"Bath and Body Works and -"

"What scents from Bath and Body Works?"

I crossed my arms over my chest and pressed my fingers into my forehead. "Paris, Carried Away, Japanese Cherry Blossom, and -" What was the other one?!