Chapter 25

"I have no idea what to wear," I huffed in agitation, complaining to Jo who was sitting on my bed. I have no idea where Aiden is, but if he were here, he'd steal Jo away from me in an instant. I need her here to at least help me out with what I'm going to where this evening.

Baylor told me to dress casually and warmly. I mentioned that to Jo and she looked through my sweaters.

"See, I saw this coming. I told you y'all would be dating in no time. I still can't believe he asked you! I knew he had something for you." I glared at her.

"Shut up, Jo and help me pick out something. Practically all my comfy clothes are dirty. Ugh, I'm so lazy," I trailed off. "If I do my laundry more often, I wouldn't have this issue."

I've only picked out a pair of folded black leggings that I found at the bottom of my dresser drawer. As I was looking through every drawer for a sweater that might be missing from my closet, I felt Jo's presence appear behind me with a pair of booties.

"Just find something that'll match these." I thanked her, and while we both dug in my drawers, we both pulled out t-shirts and tried matching them with a denim jacket. They all ended up being thrown on the floor after a shake of our heads in disapproval.

"Wear jeans instead of leggings, Addy, like those cute, mildly ripped ones you have." I nodded my head. I begin to stress out even more. I knew those jeans were clean because I can't wear them to school. I pulled them out from the back of the closet. I still needed to find a shirt to wear.

"I'm about to go see what Aiden has in his closet," I mentioned.

"Y'all share clothes?" Jo asked, clearly amused.

"Eh, not really. There have been times his shirt ended up in my laundry, so I mistook it for mine. Since then, I'll go in there and see what else he has," I admitted and laughed.

I opened Aiden's bedroom door and instantly walked over to Aiden's closet. I ran my hands through every hanger with a t-shirt or a sweater on the wooden hook. A nice flannel caught my eye and I yanked it off the hanger.

"Okay, I found a shirt." Jo exited my room as I changed. It didn't take but five minutes to lather lotion on my skin and change into my outfit. As I was doing so, I glanced at the shirt once more and realized this was my shirt after all.

"This dude. . ." I whispered to myself.

"Okay, you can come in!" I yelled for Jo.

"Oh my gosh, you look so pretty I'm loving this outfit!" she exclaimed, making me laugh. "Let me do your hair and makeup," she insisted, and I did.

"Come to find out, this shirt is actually mine," I told Jo. We both laughed in unison.

The steady pulling of my hair nearly had me killing her with a brush or burning her with my straighten iron.

"God, Jo, that hurts!" I called out in anguish. She nearly burned the tip of my ear. Every time she straightened a section of my hair by my ears, I hissed. I was hoping and praying that she wouldn't burn me.

"I'm done!" Jo announced. Oh, thank God. I can give two compliments to Jo because she did great, however. I really liked how she drew the wing out with my eyeliner and a light contour of my face. Jo made sure my hair was pen straight. The torture was worth it.

"Thank you, Jo. You're a good friend." She smiled. I sprayed perfume and then I heard the door shut. Aiden must be home.

"Adalynne!" Aiden hollered. I heard the jingling of car keys hit the kitchen counter. I listened to his footsteps heading towards my bedroom and three knocks were heard on my bedroom door.