Chapter 46

If there was one thing about me, I'd be labeled as a light-sleeper. The door creaked open, and the figure was dark. I could tell it wasn't daylight out. I moved my hand and felt a hard, rocky stomach: Baylor. He was asleep, and I felt relieved that he was finally sleeping.

"I just wanted to come in and check on you. Do you need anything?" one of the doctors asked in a quiet tone. I whispered "no" and the doctor glanced over at my boyfriend.

"That young man wouldn't sit down for nothing," she chuckled. "He was up and at it. He was so worried about you. When you were induced into the coma, he'd come up to the desk and asked when you were going to wake up. Lord bless his soul. He'd come in and just stand over your bed for hours on into the night. He really loves you, y'know? He drove us crazy these past few days," the lady doctor giggled again. She walked over to Baylor's side to where he was sleeping on. She patted his shoulder.

"It's good to see him sleeping and not so worked up anymore." Baylor stirred, and the nurse backed away.

"Alright hun, get back to sleep. You need your beauty sleep," the nurse ordered sweetly. When she opened the door to walk out, I laid on my left side and watched Baylor finally sleep. How could anyone go three days without sleep? That's seventy-two hours.

Since he was laying on his stomach, his head turned the opposite way of me. I kissed his shoulder and laid my head there. He didn't feel anything nor hear a word. Like I always had done when he was the one asleep and I was the one awake, I'd lay right beside him and trail my hand up and down his back, squeezing his taut skin that laid right on top of his toned muscles. I loved to see him in comfort and admiration with what I can do for him. By finding out what he loves, which are back massages, is something I adore because it's normally the lady who loves back massages.

His wrinkled shirt moved up and down as my hand kept at a steady pace. I didn't want to wake him, so I stopped and kissed him again.

***

Finally. I finally got him to go home and shower. It took some time to persuade and assure him that I would be fine, that Jo and Aiden were here. Baylor looked different and better; he didn't have exhaustion patted into his face and bags under his eyes.

I took another spoonful of my favorite hazelnut spread. I have the most best friend in the world. She also brought my paper work to catch up on while I was bed-ridden for a few more days. I decided to copy her notes later on, but right now, I'm enjoying Nutella and the presence of my brother and my best friend.

"Good news is that you're getting out tomorrow," Aiden grinned wildly, like one of those circus clowns trying to make kids happy.

I gasped in shock and excitement. "Are you serious?"

He laughed, "Yes, I'm being serious. You just have to take it easy."

I nodded in agreement. "That's fine with me! I'm so ready to go home because the more I stay in here, the more I get homesick."

Jo chuckled, "I bet you're ready to take that itchy-looking cast off as well."

I widened my eyes and nodded my head. "I know, this thing is so annoying."

There was a moment of silence, therefore my brother and Jo just stared off into space.

"I'm gonna go down to see if we can't get you out earlier." Aiden ruffled my hair and went downstairs. Jo moved to lay beside me, in Baylor's spot.

"How are you and Baylor?" Jo interrogated.

"Really well. He's such a sweetheart."

Jo smiled. "Yeah, he's a really good friend. You have no idea how much he talks about you," she giggled.