Chapter 60

ADALYNNE

I had been strolling around the biggest mall in Boston with Mrs. Victoria, Mrs. Amy, and Harley. The three of them invited me to come along to shop and get mani-pedis.

"Mrs. Victoria, I can't afford this, I -"

She held up her hand. "Darling, don't worry about it. I've got it."

I was only going to shop, knowing my limits with the prices. I brought a good bit of money with me because I knew here and there I'd buy something; rather being necessities or wants. I was raised to always bring money along wherever I go.

Before I left, Baylor and I got into a mini argument about this arrangement.

"I put my credit card in your wallet," Baylor said while tugging on a pair of blue jeans.

"No, thank you." I opened my wallet and found the Visa card in my wallet along with my driver's license and student ID. I took it out and placed it on the top of Baylor's Chester drawers.

"What do you mean, 'No, thank you?" He asked with an arched eyebrow.

"Let's not go over this again. I appreciate you being a gentleman, but please, let me buy my own things."

He shook his head. "I'll go give this to my mom then."

"Baylor, no." I snatched the card from his hand and held it behind my back.

"Okay, now keep it."

I smirked. "I'll keep it but I won't use it."

"Adalynne Rose Claire," Baylor warned.

"That's my name."

His expression was scornful, like he began getting mad. "I'm being serious."

I grinned to try and make him smile. It didn't work, so I snuck towards him and ran my fingers up and down his sides. He didn't move or even lift a muscle to smile. I looked up at his towering figure and I saw him staring at me like I was crazy.

"Really, Baylor?" I arched an eyebrow at him and waltzed over towards his nightstand where his wallet laid. I opened it and placed the card right where it belonged. I looked at him one last time and he glared at me. I huffed and rolled my eyes. I grabbed my purse and began to walk out of his room to meet the ladies downstairs.

"So no goodbye kiss or hug from you? Not even an 'I love you?" Baylor asked.

I turned around and looked at Baylor. He had a different expression on his face.

"I thought you were mad."

He shook his head. "Just please take the card." I walked towards Baylor and grabbed his face and pecked him on his lips. He pulled me into a bear hug.

"I love you." I kissed his smooth, cold cheek.

He hummed. "I love you more. Don't forget."

"I promise I won't."

"Just to let you know - red and black are my favorite colors." Baylor winked. He groped my butt.

"I'll get orange then," I smirked. He shrugged his shoulders.

"The easier it'll come off."

I hummed. "I'll think about it since you're being so persistent."

I pinched his cheeks and pulled them out just a tad and he cackled. I let go and pulled his head down towards me. I kissed his lips quickly.

"Bye, babe."

"Oh, Adalynne! This would look absolutely adorable on you! With summer coming along, this shirt would make your skin tone look amazing. Go try it on!" Harley squealed.