alone

The plane ride wasn't too long, and once they'd made it to the airport and collected their baggage they were sent off to the hotel ASAP.

Luckily this year, all 5 boys got their own rooms for privacy reasons, and just because it gave them more space.

But, they ended up hanging out together almost every night anyway.

They made it to the hotel and drifted to their separate rooms, sorting things out for the next week that they'd be there.

They had 2 days to get settled and those two days also consisted of a few interviews and meetings before the first show at the end of the week.

Zayn no sooner relaxed on the bed when his phone started ringing from beside him.

He groaned and picked it up.

Zayn: "yeah?"

Niall: "Z, meet us in Louis room, 633"

Zayn: "be there in 5"

He didn't mind having to get up, he wasn't too tired anyway, the anxiety coursing through him from the flight earlier.

When he got there, like always, he was the last to arrive and was handed an ice cold beer.

He locked eyes with Harry and smiled.

Zayn: "uh...can I uh...just have a water,I already drank some on the plane?"

Louis: "sure lad, over there in the fridge"

Zayn nodded and grabbed the bottled water from the mini fridge and sat down next to Harry who was patting the cushion next to him, hoping zayn didn't sit anywhere but beside him.

Zayn: "you know you're not very good at hiding this right?"

Harry: "I don't wanna"

Zayn: "I understand haz, but just for a little while, till we figure it out ourselves yeah?"

Harry: "but I feel like I'm magnetically connected to you"

Zayn giggled under his breath

Zayn: "what, like you can't quit touching me?"

Harry: "exactly"

Zayn: "I force myself to keep my hands tied, now chill out, we can hang later okay?"

Harry: "sounds perfect"

Zayn relaxed back into the couch for awhile, listening and observing the other boys' conversations while he let his anxiety dissolve.

Niall: "feeling better Zayn?"

Zayn: "a lot yeah, I fucking hate planes"

Liam: "at least you weren't waiting for it to go upside down"

Zayn: "shut the fuck up"

They all laughed, feeling a little intoxicated but not too much.

By the time they decided it was time to part ways, it was dark.

They all left the room heading in separate directions down the hall but Harry followed Zayn the entire way.

Zayn: "and what do you think you're doing?"