pillowtalk

They fell asleep together, finally feeling whole despite how unwanted the two of them being together was.

In the morning Harry woke up earlier than he anticipated he would. 7 am didn't seem like a brilliant idea last night, but the pounding in his head from the drinking and overthinking had him awake at the crack of dawn.

He rustled, trying his best not to wake the sleeping bear under him but he failed.

Zayn: "mmm babe? you good?"

Harry: "yeah, just can't sleep"

Zayn groaned, trying to open his eyes but they felt glued shut.

Zayn: "something on your mind?"

Harry: "it can wait Z"

Zayn: "no, just give me a minute to wake up"

Harry knew from that moment on, that Zayn was all in. The way he made sure he was alright without hesitation and proved that his protective side wouldn't leave in the presence of others made his heart swell.

Zayn rubbed his eyes, fluttering them open and squinting at the light peeking through the curtain.

Zayn: "have you been doing chest?"

Harry: "hmm?"

Zayn: "in the gym babe? have you been working on your chest?"

Harry: "I've been paying it a bit more attention yeah, when I can"

Zayn: "it looks really good"

Harry smiled and thanked god that he noticed. He loved the way Zayn's tattoos came to life with the muscles on his chest, and he felt somewhat insecure that his didn't do that. He vowed to work on it more when he noticed the sheer difference.

Harry: "thanks baby"

He sat up, resting his head back and pulling Harry into his neck so the two of them were still touching. He never liked when they lacked physical contact between them. It felt odd and unusual to not be so affectionate when they were together.

Zayn: "now tell me what's keeping you up"

Harry: "I dunno Z, this date I guess. I don't wanna be a bitch about it...but I also don't wanna go. Like at all."

Zayn: "gimme both sides"

Harry: "if I say no, and I back out from the date I look like a pussy. They're gonna ask why I couldn't just deal with it for a few hours...but I just feel like they don't get it."

Zayn: "they do babe, I've talked to them about it. They know how much you hate me being with Perrie, I promise they know."

Harry: "but if I do go, I'm gonna look like a miserable fuck the entire time. I can't watch her kiss you and grind all up on you...there's no way."

Zayn: "I know you don't wanna hear this, but you're gonna have Tay to distract you. As much as I don't want you to, try and focus on her yeah?"

Harry: "but I can't watch you dance with someone else, I'm gonna wanna push them off. Seriously"

Zayn: "you think I wanna see Swifties ass rubbing up on you?"

Harry chuckled at Zayn's forwardness and Zayn followed, glad he was taking it more light heartedly than he did last night.

Zayn: "but on a serious note, I don't wanna see it either baby...but after that, we get a hotel room alone."

Harry: "sounds tempting"

Zayn: "if anything haz, just do it for me. Please. Just get this shit over with. I'd rather have you around then be on a date with Perrie alone. At least we'll still be able to see each other. I can't wait to see how sexy you look babe, I mean it."

Harry: "just...don't wear anything too...hot"

Zayn giggled at Harry's possessive side, absolutely loving it.

Zayn: "I won't, same goes for you and that sheer shirt you wear"

Harry: "it's tucked away just for you"

Zayn smiled to himself and kissed Harry's curls.

Zayn: "you feeling a little more level headed?"

Harry: "I'm gonna go. I'm gonna try my best to have a good time...for you."

Zayn: "I wouldn't make you do this bub, you know that right?"

Harry: "mhm, I want to"

Zayn: "okay, now gimme a kiss"

Harry blushed, still getting butterflies in his stomach when their lips melted together.

Zayn: "let's go back to bed and we can talk some more later yeah?"

Harry: "mkay"

Zayn: "I'm right here if you need me"

Harry: "I know."

They fell asleep, only to wake up 3 hours later around 10:30. Like always, Harry woke up first rubbing his eyes and kissing Zayn's cheek.

Harry: "can you marry me already?"

He knew Zayn was still fast asleep, but he still wanted to ask. He didn't want what they had to dissipate anytime soon, or at all.

He just laid awake for what felt like forever, taking occasional glances at Zayn just to make sure he was content.

He looked like an angel. How can anyone look that fucking good while they're sleeping?

Tired of waiting, but not wanting to wake him up, Harry slid out of the bunk and went to check on how much time they had left until they made it to the hotel.

He threw on Zayn's shirt and walked drowsily up to the lounge where the rest of the boys were eating McDonalds breakfast.

Louis: "long night huh?"

Harry: "mhm..."

Liam: "where's Z?"

Harry: "he's still asleep, didn't wanna wake him if I didn't have to."

Liam: "you don't have to worry about being discreet, Paul isn't even up yet. He doesn't know you slept in the same bunk."

Harry: "yea but he's probably gonna assume after the shitty blowup I had yesterday"

Harry shook his head in embarrassment. He couldn't believe he actually blew up the way he did.

Niall: "you had a rough night last night, come eat."

He held out an egg McMuffin and Harry unwrapped it, scarfing it down because he was more than hungry at that point.

Harry: "how long until we get there?

Louis: "bout 45 minutes or so..."

Harry: "shit that's kinda close"

Louis: "mhm, what's the final verdict on the date lad?"

Harry: "I'm gonna go. I don't wanna be a bitch and ruin for everyone else."