hanging

*wanna congratulate Z on an amazing third album as a solo artist. He's killin it and I can't wait to see how far it goes. Love u Zayn<3*

Zayn watched Harry walk out, wishing he wasn't, but thankful he still had him.

Only a few minutes later he was getting another knock.

When he opened the door, the other three boys were standing there.

Louis: "every time we come by, one of you is missing"

Zayn laughed, because they were kind of right in a sense, but this time there was no argument involved.

Zayn: "Paul came and got him, told him it was time to separate for the night."

Liam: "seriously?! it's like 10"

Zayn: "we've got set times we're allowed to be together, and only in private"

Niall: "I'm sorry but how the hell are you putting up with it?!"

Zayn: "I wasn't gonna, but Harry doesn't wanna lose his job or me. I can't be selfish in a two sided relationship. I still have him, just not all the time."

Louis: "which is still fucked"

Zayn: "yeah believe me, it's not what either of us want but Paul could lose his job, and none of us want Simon running this shit. It's already bad enough"

Niall: "he's across the hall now?"

Zayn: "mhm, he just left"

Liam: "what if we're all together?"

Zayn: "I dunno, call Paul and ask"

Liam nodded and headed out on the balcony to call him, hoping for the best news. For his band mates at least.

When he was out there Zayn got a text from Harry and his eyes lit up the moment it came through.

Harry: "I'm not tired babe"

Zayn: "me either, the boys came"

Harry: "at least you've got company"

Zayn: "I'm missing my favorite company"

Harry: "come cuddle"

Zayn: "liams asking if we can all hang, since it won't be just you and me"

Harry: "ugh"

Zayn: "I feel like a kid again"

Harry: "it's pissing me off actually"

Zayn: "I'll come cuddle you regardless, idgaf"

Harry: "I don't wanna get in trouble"

Zayn: "hold up, Liam just came in"

Liam walked toward them, looking somewhat hopeful, which gave Z a form of hope as well.

Liam: "he said that's fine, but as soon as we leave he's gotta go too."

Zayn: "better than nothing."

Niall: "let's just go to his room."

They found themselves knocking on his door, and his smile was wider than it'd been all day.

Harry: "hey guys"

Niall: "surprise!"

They all brushed past him and let themselves in the room except for Zayn. He snaked his arms around Harry's waist and hugged him close.

Harry: "you smell so good"

Zayn: "i know I'm whipped when you've been gone for thirty minutes and I was already having withdrawals"

Harry chuckled and broke the hug to kiss him. Their lips matched up perfectly.

Harry: "can't you just stay with me tonight?"

Zayn: "babe that's exactly what we were told not to do."

Harry: "I know but it's harder than it looks"

Zayn: "come on, I can hold you on the couch for a bit, sound okay?"

Harry: "I guess so"

They finally took themselves out of the door way and found a place at each other's sides on the couch.

Zayn rounded his arm around Harry, and Harry threw his hand over Zayn's torso, placing his head in the crook of his neck. He fit there perfectly, his curls ticking Zayn's cheek.

Liam: "see, how could they break that up?!"

Zayn smiled

Zayn: "someone's just clingy now"

Harry: "cause you left me and went on a walk in the dark...alone!"

Zayn smiled and let Harry be clingy, kissing the top of his head and holding him for the rest of the time.

Harry: "I'm tired Z"

Zayn: "go lay in bed babe, I'm right here"

Harry: "no, come cuddle me"

Zayn: "if I get in bed with you I'm not gonna get out, I can't bub"

Harry: "come on Z, I don't wanna do this..."

Zayn: "me either haz but we have to, I'll be right here"

Harry: "just for a little"

Zayn: "you know I'm not gonna be able to leave you if I get in bed with you Harry. We have to try and make this easier."

Liam: "what're you two bickering about"

Harry: "I just want him to cuddle for a little bit, but he won't."

Zayn: "cause if I get in bed with him I'm not gonna wanna get out"

Niall: "that's actually so cute"

Harry: "yes and annoying"

Harry laughed and climbed in bed, pulling off his shirt and instantly covering his torso so he wasn't sharing with anyone.

Zayn: "I'll be right here"

Harry nodded and flipped on his side, closing his eyes and falling asleep almost instantly.

Louis: "I think that's our cue"

Zayn: "yeah I outta get to bed too"

Niall: "you gonna be alright Z?"

Zayn: "yeah I feel better now that he's sleeping"

Niall smiled and closed the door leaving it just the two of them for a few minutes.

Zayn walked carefully and quietly up to Harry, pushing back his curls, and kissing his head gently.

Zayn: "see you in the morning bub, sleep good"

He smiled at how fuckable he looked but how sweet and cuddly he looked at the same time as he left, closing the door softly and finding his place in his bed himself.

It felt cold and lonely at first but, he forced himself to get to sleep for the sake of the show and the fans tomorrow.

And Harry was right across the hall if he ended up needing him. He just wished it didn't come down to this. That they could openly love and be with each other without the fear that they'll lose fans and sales. It's just too much to worry about, especially for them being just 18 and 19.