love

Once they'd gotten inside they were handed keys to their respective rooms, and Harry was eying Zayn and Perrie as they grabbed theirs.

She whispered something in his ear and he pretended to like what he heard, but Harry could read his face anywhere. He was displeased.

Harry went up to his room first, waiting for Zayn. After a good 20 minutes had passed, he was curious as to why he hadn't come yet. He couldn't have forgotten already.

He texted him in anticipation. Wanting him. Needing him, like he promised an hour ago.

Harry: "babe where tf are you?"

Harry: "z?"

Harry: "don't back out on me, I need you. Please"

Harry huffed. He wasn't getting a reply at all and it was making his stomach churn. He hated the way it made him feel like he was being ignored.

After waiting for a reply for over 30 more minutes he'd had enough. He walked rapidly to Zayn's room down the hall and started pounding on the door until he answered.

But it was her.

Perrie: "oh hey Harry! Something wrong?"

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. All the plans he and zayn had made for tonight had vanished, they were no longer even on his mind.

Harry: "no actually...I uh...just came to uh...say I had a good time tonight. It was nice catching up."

Perrie fawned over his comment, not noticing just how fake he was being and brought him in for a hug.

Perrie: "I had a good time too! Hopefully we can all do it again soon"

Harry just nodded and as he went to walk away the bathroom door creaked open and a shirtless Zayn walked out.

There he was.

Zayn looked at Harry apologetically as he approached the door where he and Perrie had been standing.

Zayn: "hey haz what's up?"

Harry: "just came to tell Perrie I had a good time tonight...that's all. See ya."

But zayn didn't wanna let him go. He knew he was pissed, and he needed to make it better. So he ran his brain dry of ideas to get him alone for just a second.

Zayn: "wait-

Harry turned around, not much emotion present on his face. He was just hurt.

Zayn: "I need a smoke break...wanna come?"

Harry just nodded

Reluctantly, Z turned back and kissed Perrie to ensure her that she wasn't missing anything and she smiled before leaving the two of them alone in the hallway.

Harry didn't say anything. He didn't want to. He didn't know what to say.

Zayn swallowed the lump in his throat as they walked in complete silence to the elevator. Neither of them knew what to say right away, but the silence was eating Z alive.

They made it outside and took a seat on this dark blue metal bench that seemed sturdier than it was.

Harry was all the way to the right side, not wanting to be close to him, or anyone in that moment.

Zayn: "babe..."

Harry kept his eyes looking in the distance. He could see the way the stars formed beautiful constellations in the sky and for a minute wished this was his view all the time. He didn't think he could ever get over it.

Zayn: "baby I'm sorry"

Harry: "it's fine Z, no big deal."

Zayn: "it is a big deal though, and I feel fucking terrible."

Harry just shrugged. He was lost. How come he didn't answer his texts then? Why was he so guilty if he didn't care enough to do that?

Harry: "what do you want me to say?"

Zayn: "nothing, just hear me out yeah?"

Harry nodded, he was listening, he always would.

Zayn: "I had no idea Perrie would wanna spend the night together, and I had all the intention in the world to give it to you tonight. I promise you I did. You hear me?"

Harry: "mhm"

Zayn: "she came to the room just as I was about to get in the shower and come down to see you, and I had no idea what to tell her to get her out."

Harry: "I told you it's fine."

Zayn: "but you're not babe, and you have every fucking right to be mad, and I'm so sorry. I'm so damn sorry."

Harry sniffled and brought his hand up to wipe the tears that were now spilling down his red cheeks.

Zayn: "no baby don't cry"

Harry: " 'm not"

Zayn: "can I hold you?"

Harry: "not now"

He sighed and lit his cigarette, taking a long drag and blowing it out into the night. It hovered above them for awhile.

Zayn: "listen, I've been fighting myself on how to do this. I've been thinking about it for fucking ever haz. All damn week it's all I've been thinking about, and I didn't wanna tell you this way, I wanted it to be special but you need to hear it more than ever right now. So, can I tell you babe?"

Harry nodded, knowing exactly what he was about to say, and needing to hear it.

Zayn: "I love you baby. I love you more than you'll ever fucking know. More than Perrie. More than this job. More than any other person I've ever been with, I love you. And I promise to hold you and love you for as long as I can."

He was really crying now. A puddle formed beneath his feet of his own tears as he heard him spill his love from right next to him.

Harry: "...I love you so much Z"

And that's when Zayn broke down. He felt so fucking relieved to hear him say it back that he didn't care about anyone else at the time.

Zayn: "kiss me babe...please"

Harry wiped the salt from his cheeks and finally turned his body to Zayn, pulling each other close until their lips met in a kiss that screamed nothing but "I love you".