date

She looked like a woman of business, she knew what she wanted and she wouldn't stop until she got an answer out out of him.

Berlin: "how does it feel to be the only member of the band who's a different race?"

Zayn choked at her question, not expecting her to say it so bluntly, but understanding.

Zayn: "I uh...I mean, it hasn't been too bad. Sure the other guys get more attention but, I like to think it's because they're a lot more extroverted than I am in a sense. I'm a lot more of an introverted guy."

Berlin: "do you think being introverted is the problem or do you think being biracial is the issue here?"

Zayn: "I'm not really understanding what you mean? what problem is my race causing?"

Berlin: "the four others get a lot of female attention and I presume you don't"

Zayn: "I actually have a girlfriend ma'am"

Harry could sense his aggression, he wasn't so laid back anymore, especially when it came to his background and his ethnicity.

Berlin: "but does it bother you at times, is what I'm asking?"

Zayn: "I don't see why it should. What bothers me is the fact that people see it as this much of an issue, which is news to me. Thank you for your question, but I think we're done here."

Zayn stood up and the rest of the boys followed, a little bothered by the forwardness of that woman.

Zayn put on a rough front, he didn't want to show anyone how upset that made him, but Harry could see right through him. He knew exactly how he'd react when he was alone.

Once they got back in the SUV they all turned to face him, wanting to make sure he was alright.

Louis: "you okay lad?"

Zayn: "yeah yeah, it's whatever"

Louis: "we know how you get when it comes to your race and your family"

Zayn: "I mean, she was proper rude about it, but it's over"

Louis nodded, sensing that zayn didn't really wanna discuss it anymore so he let him be.

Liam, Niall, and Louis all sat in front of Harry and Zayn who were in the back row of seats.

Once they all focused their attention on a new conversation Harry intertwined his fingers with Zayn's.

Not wanting the boys to hear, Harry pulled out his phone and shot Zayn a text.

Harry: "talk to me"

Zayn: "nah, it's fine"

Harry: "I know you better than you know yourself Z, talk to me"

Zayn: "I'm not in the mood to cry haz"

Harry: "don't cry baby"

Zayn: "we'll talk when we get back okay?"

Harry: "sure"

He squeezed Harry's hand in his, feeling a sense of comfort whenever he was just around.

As soon as they got back to the hotel, they were greeted with Paul, which wasn't normal since they'd spent all day doing work related things.

Paul: "hey lads"

They all smiled and nodded, hoping to get some time to relax.

Paul: "don't think we forgot about your dates, Perrie flew out today Zayn"

Zayn rolled his eyes

Zayn: "you've gotta be kidding"

Paul: "I wish I was for your sake, she'll be here around 8 tonight for you to leave. As for the rest of you, your dates have been postponed until after the first show or until further notice."

Zayn: "why me?!"

Paul: "there's been more speculation about the engagement, and you haven't been seen together"

Zayn: "fuck this shit"

Zayn walked off to the elevator, needing some serious space after what had just happed at the interview.

He was also looking forward to some time with Harry, another night for them to figure out just how much they liked each other, but of course Perrie had to get in the way of that too.

The other four boys stood facing Paul, feeling absolutely terrible for Zayn, but not disrespectful enough to walk away.

Paul: "let him blow off some steam, he needs it"

They nodded and followed each other to the elevator and to their separate rooms.

Harry followed Paul's advice, trailing off to his own room instead of Zayn's, knowing he'd probably want space and time to calm down.

Once Zayn got upstairs he slammed the door and threw himself on the bed. He didn't want anything to do with going on this date, and he felt like a douche for putting Harry through something like this.

He sat up there for a half hour waiting for that knock on the door, wanting Harry's comfort more than anything but it never came.

So he called.

Harry: "hey...you good?"

Zayn: "ive been waiting for you to knock on my damn door forever, where are you?"

Harry: "I'm in my room Z, I thought you wanted space"

Zayn: "I do, from everyone else, not you."

Harry smiled behind the phone, Zayn made him feel wanted. More than anyone else had and he swore he could feel his heart beating.

Harry: "give me 5 minutes, I'll be there"

Zayn: "doors cracked"

He took a deep breath, taking his shirt off and laying back on the bed. He felt defeated.

Then the woman from earlier popped into his head, and the feeling of defeat was replaced with nothing but hurt.

He felt tears brim his lower lash line, and he didn't want Harry to see him like this, but he couldn't bring himself to brush them away.

He was too confused and irritated to care at this point, wanting nothing more than Harry's arms wrapped around him, making him feel loved.

He heard the door push open and shut faintly, and when Harry heard quiet sobs from around the corner he ran to his side, not wanting to let him hurt alone for one more second.

Harry: "oh my god...baby what's wrong?"

Zayn: "this is shit! all of this!"

Harry crawled up into the bed and pulled Zayn forward into a hug that they both melted into.

Harry: "I know, but at the end of the day it's me who's going to bed with you-

Harry pulled away so Z would look at him, and he wiped a tear that was trickling down his cheek.

Harry: -remember that"

Zayn: "it's what's gonna get me through this fucking date, believe me"