trouble

soundly sleeping through the night, the both of them were able to catch up on the sleep they both needed after last night.

In the morning, Zayn woke up before Harry which was unusual, but he knew his eyes were fatigued from all the crying that had taken place the previous day.

Impatiently, Zayn peppered Harry's face with wet kisses, making him groan out of exhaustion.

Zayn: "good morning my love"

Harry smirked

Harry: "you've never called me that before"

Zayn: "well, that's what you are innit?"

Harry: "that's your call babe"

Zayn smiled and moved Harry's hands from his eyes where he wiped them.

Zayn: "your eyes are beautiful"

Harry: "you're beautiful Z"

Zayn: "kiss me"

Harry chuckled. The two of them never complained about morning breath, too in love with one another to even rationalize that it was "gross".

Zayn: "I wanna make love to you."

Harry smiled but his eyes widened. He knew what their plans were for last night, but he never knew how eager Z really was.

Harry: "do you?"

Zayn: "more than anything babe"

He was talking breathily in between tongue kisses and pecks to Harry's soft pink lips, but Zayn caught a sense of discomfort in Harry's eyes and he stopped, pulling away.

Zayn: "are you...nervous?"

Harry: "no...I mean, I dunno Z."

Zayn: "we don't have to go there yet baby, I was just-

Harry: "no I want to, I promise, it's just that I've never been intimate with a guy before...like that."

Zayn: "haz, I know baby, and I promise you, if you trust me, that I'll take it so fucking slow."

Harry: "you're making me hard"

Zayn giggled, not even in that headspace but a knock rang out that kept him from continuing with his cackle.

Harry: "yeah?!"

Perrie: "Harry? I haven't seen Z all morning. It's making me sick."

Zayn: "fuck off..."

He whispered light enough that she didn't recognize his voice but, he really wasn't in the mood to be with anyone but Harry.

Harry fought with himself internally trying to figure out what to say back.

Harry: "uh...no, maybe check Liams room?!"

Perrie: "seriously ugh! He told me to come here!"

Harry: "oh, maybe he's outside smoking!"

Perrie: "can you open the fucking door"

Harry: "maybe if you lose the fucking attitude"

He mocked her, already annoyed with her posh accent that she used when she got upset or infuriated.

Zayn slapped his arm, half because he was getting too involved, and half because he offered to open the door.

Zayn: "she's gonna search the place like a hound babe!"

Harry: "just get in the closet, I won't let her in"

Zayn: "fuck this honestly, I just wanna be with you."

Harry: "believe me, I can't stand her anymore than you can Z. I'm doing this for you. Remember?"

Zayn hurried to press and thankful kiss to Harry's lips before he slid into the closet shirtless. Neither of them had shirts on, and in a effort to seem less suspicious Harry didn't take anymore time getting dressed.

He brought the door open and she let herself in, brushing past him and smacking against his shoulder while she did.

She searched everywhere.

Perrie: "is he hiding from me or something?!"

Just as she was about to walk out and leave them be, her eyes fixated on the glossy doors of the closet.

Before Harry could stop her she was flinging the doors open and he could've sworn his heart sunk to the floor.

Harry: "Perrie no don't-

He closed his eyes and sighed, unable to meet Perries gaze. There was absolutely no way they were getting out of it this time.

Perrie: "what in the fucking world Zayn?!"

Zayn: "I just came to talk pez, chill"

Perrie: "then why aren't you texting me back, or answering the door when I ask where you're at? This is fucking suspicious."

Zayn: "I just wanted some space yeah?"

He tried to reason with her, and get her to believe him. Harry thought it was more for his benefit than it was for Zayn's. He just didn't want Harry in the middle of any of this.

Perrie: "and both of you are fucking shirtless?! what are you now? a faggot?!"

Harry winced silently. The word stung like a bullet. And he knew that Zayn wouldn't take it well.

Zayn: "get out."

Perrie: "no, we need to talk. are you seriously fucking around with your band mate? I turned you gay Zayn, really?!"

She was furious, she swiped papers and things all over the room out of pure anger and wouldn't stop until Zayn grabbed both of her hands by the wrists to calm her down.

Zayn: "you need to calm down Pez, please, just breathe."

Harry didn't like it. He didn't like the way he sympathized with her the same way he did with him. He didn't wanna listen, so instead he went out on the balcony and shut the door. He sat in the corner of it, letting the wind blow his hair into his eyes, but he didn't bother moving it.

Then he couldn't contain how he'd felt anymore. She was what stood between their forever. He never really knew if Zayn saw a future with him, maybe he just saw him as a side hoe for better sex or something. There was no way he was actually interested in a future with him, he was silly to think so.

He felt tears pool aimlessly from his eyes as he replayed the way he grabbed her wrists, calming her down. He hated it. He cursed it.

Then he came to the conclusion that it was all his fault. If he wouldn't have been so damn stupid to let this happen, it never would've escalated to this.

He'd become so damn dependent on Z. He felt like it was all he had at this point, drowning in music, fans, responsibilities. Zayn was and is his only escape.

Now he feared, with all that Perrie found out, he'd be left there to rot. Simply to cry and be alone until he was ready to face whatever else the world was ready to throw his way.

Honestly, sitting there with the wind smacking his pale skin, he didn't know if he'd ever be able to recover from this heartbreak. Matter of fact, he knew he wouldn't.