questions

Harry fell asleep immediately but Zayn sat awake, caressing Harry's hand with his own as he snored peacefully.

He was thinking about a way to kiss him, wanting to make it magical and better than any first kiss he'd ever had. He knew it sounded a bit competitive but, he didn't mind.

His mind was swarming with a ton of different ideas, but none of them seemed perfect enough until he one shot right to the front of his brain, making him gasp.

He covered his mouth as Harry stirred, hoping he didn't wake him, and he let out a sigh when he settled back down again.

He had the perfect idea, he just needed to figure out the exact way to execute it without anyone finding out about them just yet.

Once he had his plan settled, he closed his eyes and breathed in the warm scent of Harry's shampoo, falling asleep within seconds.

***

In the morning, Harry was already awake and showered, he was standing in front of the mirror with the dimmest light on, trying his best to be careful not to wake Zayn until it was absolutely necessary.

He almost screamed when a knock sounded at the door and he jumped. Nobody knew Harry stayed with Zayn last night and he knew it would look back if he answered the door.

The only way to go about this was to wake Zayn, even though he didn't want to.

Liam: "open up Z!"

Harry rushed over to the bed and violently shook him awake.

Harry: "baby, liams at the door, I can't answer it!"

Zayn: "huh?"

Harry: "Liam, he's at the door, you've gotta go get it"

Zayn stretched, slower than he should've and made his way to the door while Harry shoved himself in the closet.

Liam: "someone just woke up huh?"

Zayn: "mhm"

He was rubbing the tired out of his eyes, still not sure if he was completely awake or not.

Liam: "just wanted to let you know that breakfast is open in 15 minutes, Paul wants us all down there"

Zayn: "yeah yeah, I'll be down soon"

Liam nodded, patting a tired Zayn on his back and shutting the door.

When Harry heard Zayn grumble and the door close fully he made his exit from the closet.

Zayn: "good morning"

Harry: "morning handsome"

Zayn: "I'm so fucking tired"

Harry: "I'm sorry I had to wake you"

Zayn: "no, I need to get up anyway"

Harry: "the showers already running for you"

Zayn: "you got it ready for me?"

Harry: "of course I did"

Zayn walked up to Harry, who was shirtless and running the gel through his hair, and snaked his arms around his torso hugging him in.

Zayn: "thanks babe"

Harry: "don't mention it"

Zayn: "you know you could always come in with me"

He winked

Harry scowled at him playfully.

Harry: "zayn..."

He said in a taunting tone.

Zayn: "I'm just kidding, I'll be right out."

Zayn hurried in his shower, when he got out he threw on a baggy t shirt and some joggers, leaving his hair falling in his eyes.

He knew their stylists would fix it for him before the interview so he didn't bother.

Harry: "just in time sleepy head, come on"

Harry grabbed his arm and yanked him toward the door.

Harry: "make sure nobody's coming"

Zayn rolled his eyes at how careful he was being, but if it weren't for Harry he would've been caught multiple times, so he was thankful nonetheless.

Zayn: "all clear"

Harry nodded and snuck himself out the door. They made their way downstairs to breakfast to join the rest of the guys before they headed off to the first interview.

Paul: "someone looks like they didn't get enough sleep"

Zayn: "I got more than enough, I'm just not a morning person"

Paul nodded and they all finished breakfast semi quiet, not really in the mood to make too much conversation this early anyway.

**

At the venue, they all changed and finished getting dolled up to be asked a million questions that they've already answered.

When they thought about it, it was kinda easy. There was always a set answer, you just had to keep repeating it every time someone asked. Easy enough.

But it did get annoying eventually, especially when they had back to back interviews and it felt like they were reliving the same one fifty times in different countries.

Before walking out to be quizzed about themselves Zayn felt his anxiety creep on, it always had in situations like this, and the only person who ever noticed was Harry.

He ran his hand up Zayn's back and leaned into his ear, making sure nobody was paying attention to their affection.

Harry: "just breathe and answer the questions like I'm the one asking them yeah?"

Zayn: "mhm"

Harry: "I'll be right next to you, if that makes you feel any better"

Zayn: "it always makes me feel better, you know that"

Harry: "and we can hang out tonight, just gotta get through this"

Zayn smiled, he never loved when people whispered in his ear, it made him uncomfortable, but there was something so intimate about the way Harry did it.

It made him want more.

Sitting down at the interview the boys were sat in rows. 3 in the front and 2 in the back.

Harry wasn't directly next to Z, but he was right behind him, so Zayn didn't make too much of a fuss inside.

It went pretty quick, the questions not too personally driven and not too deep. They answered with ease and got through it quickly.

The next one was different.

The questions were harsh, scary, and way too much for Zayn to take in.

A tall brunette woman in particular started his anxiety attack. Her name was Berlin and she was not taking no for an answer.

Berlin: "Zayn, I've got a question for you"

He perked up in his seat, ready for whatever she had in mind.