52

YOU STAND IN FRONT OF THE MANOR with your heart pounding in your chest. It felt like forever since you were last here, everything was different now. You had just disapparated here, on Draco's request, so that you could see Narcissa and then begin helping him get his memories back.

The door to the manor opens, revealing him as he takes a few paces towards you. You gulp, just the sight of him made you weak at the knees. You muster all the courage you can and begin to walk towards him, a little shaky at first.

"Hi." He greets you as you reach the top of the stairs. "How are you?"

"Hey, yeah I'm good thanks." There was a noticeable tension between the two of you.

"Bec? Is that you, dear?" Narcissa appears behind Draco as he steps to one side to let her past.

"Hi, Narcissa. How have you been?" You smile at her, she looked exhausted. Under her eyes were a deep shade of purple, and she looked as though she had lost weight.

"Oh, come here." She throws her arms around your neck, pulling you into her. "I'm so glad you're here, darling."

Your heart filled with warmth in response to her reaction to you, after the battle you weren't sure what her opinion of you would be. You return her hug, standing there for a moment as she begins to sniffle.

"Mum?" Draco must have noticed she was beginning to cry.

She pulls away from you, with tears in her eyes. "Oh, what are we still doing out here. Please, come inside." She puts a hand onto your back, guiding you inside. Once you are all in the entrance hall of the manor and the door behind you is closed, she turns to face you again. "I was so sorry to hear about your father, dear."

You look to the floor as you feel a stab in your chest at a reminder of all you have lost in the war. "Thank you... we all lost something that day. Some of us more than others." Your gaze travels and meets Draco's, who hadn't stopped staring at you since you arrived.

"Yes, you're certainly right about that. Anyway, would you like some tea, dear?"

"Mum," Draco interrupts, "we were actually going to get started, on, you know..."

"Oh, of course. How silly of me. Well, you know where I am, should you require anything from me." She gently cups your face, smiling at you. "It was lovely to see you again, Bec." She says before turning to walk away.

"So..." he slowly walks towards you, he was wearing grey joggers and a white t shirt. A very relaxed look for him, that he rarely had the opportunity to wear. "Should we go to my room?"

"Yeah, that should work." You nod in agreement, watching him as he walks past you, holding your eye contact right until the last second, before he has to turn to walk up the stairs.

You follow after him, watching every move he makes. You had missed him so much, but he was different with you now. Almost, uncertain of how to act around you. It killed you to watch him leave you behind at Lux's yesterday.

He reaches the door to his bedroom, turning the knob and gesturing for you to enter. You take a deep breath, as you walk into the familiar room you had yearned for that day at Hogwarts. The familiar scent of Draco washes over you as you enter, your eyes falling to his bed which were dressed in the same black satin sheets as always.

"So, where should we start?" He asks you as he closes the door behind him.

You force your eyes shut, still facing away from him as you try to keep the tears from spilling over. You shake your head slightly, trying to rid yourself of emotion so you could focus your mind, then you turn around and face him.