21

IT WAS BEGINNING TO GET DARK now, you must have missed all your afternoon classes and dinner, so you head back to the common room. You get back and find Lux pacing back and forth, a worried look on her face.

"Oh my god, there you are." She rushes over to you. "It's not good, Bec. I've never seen him this mad. He's at the astronomy tower waiting for you."

"But I'm not supposed to meet him there until tonight."

"I think you need to go now, Bec."

"Okay, I'll go." You look to Theo. "I'll see you later."

"Havelock, do you want me to come with you?" He asks.

"No, thank you." Draco might push him over the edge of the fucking tower if you brought him. "I better go on my own." You say with a small smile.

"Okay, well, you know where I am if you ever need me." He squeezes your hand before reluctantly letting go. You turn and head out the common room, towards the astronomy tower.

You reach the bottom of the narrow, winding steps, feeling the cool September air hit you. You start to make your way to the top, stopping a few steps from the top when you see him. He was standing facing away from you, looking over the quidditch field. Shit, what had he seen?

"Hi." You say sheepishly. He turns to look at you.

"Hi."

"You wanted me to meet you here?" You say, walking up the I last few steps.

"Yes. Are you cold?" He offers you his blazer and you accept. It really was cold up here.

"Thank you." You say, as you turn around and he puts the blazer on you.

"What happened?" He was surprisingly calm.

"Well," you started. "I found him by the quidditch field, and we just spoke for a couple hours."

He was walking back and forth now, nodding his head. "Anything else?"

Fuck, he knew. You knew better than to lie to him.

"He kissed me."

"And you kissed him back?"

"Draco, it was just a peck."

"Did you kiss him back?" He's stopped pacing now, raising his voice.

"Well, I didn't stop him."

"Do you want him?"

"What? Stop being so-"

"Do you want him?!" He was really shouting now.

"No, of course not! I want you for fuck sake!"

He walks over to you, and grabs your face, placing his fingers against your cheek.

"If he touches you again, I'll fucking kill him. I'll let it go this time, but next time? He's dead." He pulls your face up to his, and kisses you, with a gentleness you had never received from him before.

"Now it's my turn." You say. "Why didn't you write me."

"I was busy." He replies, coldly.

"Not too busy to see Zabini." You shoot back.

"It's different with him."

"What's different?"

"He understands."

"Understands what?" He lets go of you, walking back over to the edge of the astronomy tower and looking over the edge.

"That I have a job to do."