40

YOU ARRIVE BACK AT THE MANOR late, your pockets stuffed with jelly beans. They weren't quite Bertie's Botts but they were the next best thing, and they would have to make do for now.

"So?"

"So, what?" Draco looks to you, confused, as you both walk up the stairs to the front door.

You roll your eyes. "So, what do you think? Of a day in the life of a muggle?"

He laughs and tilts his head up to the sky. "What do I think? Well, I think you're amazing. And any day spent with you is the best day I could dream of."

You stare at him, your mouth slightly ajar. It wasn't often he was verbally affectionate, he always caught you off guard. It hit you in the face like a train hurtling at full speed, but you craved the feeling again and again.

Suddenly, the door to the manor flys open. Narcissa is stood there in the shadow of the door.

"Draco! Where on earth have you two been?!" She whisper shouts.

"We just went out for the day, Mum. To clear our heads. What's wrong?"

"Quick, you must come at once." She ushers you both inside. "Here, give me your coats." You quickly remove your coat and hand it to Narcissa. She looks very flustered.

"Mum, what the fuck's going on? Tell us what's happening?" Narcissa was like a headless chicken trying to pull Draco's coat off his shoulders, as the Pride and Prejudice book falls to the floor. "Shit." He bends down and picks it up from the floor, outstretching his arm to hand it over. "Hide this in my room, mum."

"Draco! There is no time for this foolishness. It's the boy! Potter! They think it's him!" She waves her wand at the book, making it disappear in thin air. "He's here in the manor. Your father has summoned you to identify him."

You and Draco stare at each other. What would this mean? Potter was here? But, that would mean that Weasley was here. And... Hermione. Fucking fools. How could they be so idiotic to end up here. No chance they would get out of here alive.

Draco takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, slowly releasing his breath and gaining his composure. He grabs your hand and heads towards the voices. You could hear Bellatrix cackle a mile away.

Lucius' head snaps round when he hears the door open. You enter the room hand in hand with Draco, hearing yours and Draco's shoes echoing against the cold, hard floor in the silence of the room. You feel Hermione's and Weasley's eyes burning into you, and you can't help but look up to meet her eyes. You see they were full of terror.

"Draco, my son! Come." Lucius grabs Draco by the arm, pulling him away. Draco lets go of your hand, leaving you at the edge of the room. You feel like you could combust under the heated stares of Hermione and Weasley. Bellatrix held a boys head in her hands, pulling him up by his hair. Presumably, it was Potter. It had to be if the other two were here, but his face looked odd. Almost like he'd been hit by a stinging jinx. Nice try, Hermione. But a simple spell like that wouldn't stand a chance against Bellatrix.

"Well? Is it him?" Bellatrix screeches.

You can see Draco shift uncomfortably, not so much that it was noticeable to anyone else. "I-I can't be sure."

"Draco." Lucius steps forward and grabs Draco by the back of the neck. You grip on to your wand and mirror Lucius' steps, so you were only a few feet behind them. You wouldn't think twice about hurting Lucius if you had to.

You hear Lucius whispering to Draco. "Look closely, son. If we were the ones to hand Potter over to the dark Lord... Everything will be forgiven. All will be as it was, you understand?" How could Lucius use his only son in such a manipulative manner?