2

Trigger warning- please scroll to bottom

AFTER A JOUNEY OF STORY TELLING and the occasional stare or remark from Malfoy and Parkinson you arrive at Hogwarts. You're sat at the Slytherin table opposite Lux, next to Daphne. Your eyes flit over to the Gryffindor table and meet with Hermione's. You smile slightly at her and she returns it, with a small wave. Your attention is pulled to the front of the Great Hall as Professor McGonagall is shouting out names of first years. Every time a student is assigned to Slytherin you all jump up and clap and cheer, the loudest in the hall. You are all just settling, ready for the feast, waiting for Dumbledore to finish his speech. He is introducing the new teachers, announcing that the new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher would be Dolores Umbridge. She rises, appearing to stifle a little laugh in her throat, interrupting Dumbledore. She continues to make her way towards Dumbledore to make her own speech. Not something new teachers typically do.

"Thank you, Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." You all look around at each other, slightly dumbfounded. She was a very peculiar professor, she dressed smartly, in a matching two piece skirt and blazer. But the way her nose turned up, and the way there was not one hair on her head out of place, and the colour pink she was donning made you feel slightly nauseous.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards of vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited."

Dumbledore took back over after this as she turned to sit back down, leaving the students in the Great Hall silent, with most mouths agape. With a quick flick of his hand, the feast was served, and the attention was brought to the matter in hand. Eating as much as you could, as fast as you could. You had a party to get to.

After the feast you all walked back to the dungeons as fast as you could without raising suspicion and ran off to your dorms as soon as you were in the safety of the common room. You had shared a dorm with Lux, Daphne and Pansy since first year. It was great fun when Pansy wasn't being a bitch. You all got ready, discussing outfits and helping each other with hair and makeup. Lux helped you decide on a strappy back little black dress, that hugged your newly found curves perfectly. Accompanied by silver sparkling jewellery, and matching heels that criss crossed over your legs and tied in a bow at the back. You decided to leave your hair down and curl it, wearing only eyeliner and a red lip.

You enter the common room with the rest of the girls to find the party in full swing. Firewhiskey is all over on different tables with music blasting, you see Nott casting a silencing spell over the common room. Muffliato. You all head over to the boys and they start handing you drinks. You take a cup of firewhiskey from Zabini gratefully and sink it in one. You can feel the burn slide down your throat and you welcome it gladly.

You start moving your way around the room, catching up with everyone. You start talking with Cassius Warrington and Graham Montague. They were a couple years older than you, but you got on quite well with them. You start dancing as Graham's hand finds his way to your waist and your arms come up over his shoulders. You are both swaying to the rhythm of the music, as you catch Malfoy sitting on the outskirts of the room. His grey eyes boring into yours, making your heart flutter. Unable to peel your eyes away from him, you see his eyes drop to Graham's hand on your waist, to your arms around his shoulders and back to your eyes. He holds your gaze for a moment longer before Lux comes running over to you, breaking your eye line as she starts joining in dancing with you and Graham. You look back over to where Malfoy was to see he's gone. You break away from Montague and leave him with Lux, saying you're going to grab another drink.

You find your way to the nearest bottle of firewhiskey, and pour yourself another cup. You down it in one. Another cup poured, you stare at the whiskey in the cup, swirling it around. Contemplating what that was with Malfoy just now, was it even anything at all? No, it couldn't be. He hates you, he's just trying to make you feel uncomfortable. You down the drink in your cup. The burn lingering in your throat and chest, but you like it.

The room was starting to thin out, as people were passing out and starting to head back to their dorms. You see Lux heading over to you.

"Hey Bec, I'm heading back to our dorm, you coming?" Her eyes are glazed, her hair messy with a slight sheen to her face.

"Nah, I think I'm gunna have another drink down here. I'll be up in a bit." You say, topping up your cup and taking a seat on the sofa.

Lux furrows her brow. "You sure?" You nod to her. "Okay then, don't stay up too late we have class in the morning, the joys!" She smirks at you with a quick kiss on the cheek. "Look after my girl, Montague!" She shouts across the room to him over her shoulder as she stalks towards the dorm.

You laugh to yourself as you pour yourself another drink. You take a sip and look up from your cup, seeing the last few people head towards the dorm. Montague heads over to you and sits down on the settee next to you.

"You have a good night, Bec? I quite enjoyed our dance earlier." he says, a glint in his eye.

You laugh, "yeah I actually really enjoyed myself, and for once, I didn't puke!" You say, raising your cup in the air.

He moves in closer to you and places his hand on your thigh, slowly moving it up towards your dress. Your breath hitches, "oh, Graham, I didn't mean anything by our dance earlier. I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression-"

"Hey, hey, shhh. It's okay, just relax," he leans in to kiss you. You try to dodge it but he catches you on the cheek, his hand gripping your thigh tighter. "No, no, please. I don't want to."

Crack! You don't comprehend what's happening, but when you open your eyes Graham Montague is on the floor with a split eye and Malfoy is standing over him. Chest heaving.

"Don't. Touch. Her."

You look at him, confused. He ignores you before turning on his heel and walking towards his dormitory. He stops at the first step, turns around and looks right at you. "Go to bed." You don't move. You're frozen. Just like your first day when your name was called for the sorting hat. "Havelock!" He's shouting now. "Bed." He doesn't break his gaze. You jump up and run past him going straight to your dorm.

Trigger warning - sexual assault/harassment

Hi, I know it's annoying but I would love it if you could vote/comment/share! Thank you! 💕