45

YOU WAKE IN DRACO'S ARMS, BOTH of you still naked, covered only by the duvet. You look up to him, noticing how his chest rises and falls. You raise your fingertips, gently running them through his hair, brushing it off his forehead. You trace along the edge of his jaw line, reaching his lips as you outline their shape. Your hand comes to rest on his chest as you feel his heart beat, you listen to the rhythm of his breath before your eyes drop to the ring on your finger, which has placed over his heart.

"Are you watching me sleep again?" He asks, with his eyes still closed. Your eyes dart up to his face, as you press your lips into a thin line.

"No, of course not." You respond with a smile. His eyes open and he turns his head towards you, to find that you are in fact watching him sleep. He smiles at you as you tilt your head to kiss him.

"Good morning, darling." He says with a smile. He always looked so beautiful on a morning, you loved seeing him when he wasn't flawless. When his hair was messy, when he wasn't in a freshly pressed suit and slight stubble was still visible on his face before he shaved.

"Good morning, my love." You respond, he reaches for your left hand as he pulls it closer to see his face to admire the engagement ring on your finger. He tilts your hand back and forth as he watches the diamond sparkle in the morning sunlight. When he's finished examining, he looks directly at you and you feel your heart skip a beat.

"How did you sleep?" He asks you.

"I slept great, all things considered. I was in bed with you, after all."

He smirks at your response. "And you enjoy being in bed with me?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, Daddy." You tease him.

His hand reaches round the back of your head, grabbing your as he pulls you in for another kiss, his other hand reaches under the covers to grab your thigh, lifting it over him. His fingers begin to trail upwards towards your inner thigh as his kisses deepen, biting your lower lip and beginning to kiss down your neck as your hands run through his hair.

Suddenly, the door to his bedroom bursts open and a flustered Narcissa hurries in. She looked horrified, as if she had just seen a ghost. You could see a slight glisten to her skin, a sweat, as if she was about to throw up.

"Mum! What the fuck are you doing? Couldn't you knock first?!" He shouts, propping himself up on his elbow to shield you as you hide behind his back, pulling the covers up to your neck. You can feel the heat rising to your cheeks in embarrassment as your palms come to cover your face. "Mum, are you okay?" He asks, when he notices the sickly look to her.

"Draco, dear, I'm sorry. But, Severus... he's just left... i-it's... it's the boy..." she trails off. You couldn't bear to look at her just yet, still too embarrassed, but you could hear the sheer panic in her voice.

"Potter?" Draco asks.

"Yes, Potter. H-he was spotted... in Hogsmeade. It's happening... now. You have to come, both of you."

"Okay, Mum. Just... just let us get dressed. We'll meet you downstairs."

You hear the door close as Narcissa leaves the room. Draco rolls over to face you, he must see the terror in your eyes as he grabs your head, pulling it into his chest as he lays down beside you and holds you, running his fingers up and down your back and occasionally stroking your hair. You both lay there in silence, savouring the last few moments together in peace before the war began.

"We have to go." Draco whispers after a few minutes.

"I know."

"I'm sorry."