3

Trigger warning - please scroll to the bottom

YOU WAKE UP THE NEXT MORNING with a sore head and a dry mouth. You sit straight up in your bed and look at Lux, who looks just as bad as you feel.

"Did you enjoy last night? What time did you come to bed?" The panic starts to flood in, your skin clammy and the bile rising in your throat, the feeling of firewhiskey coming back up is nowhere near as satisfying as downing it. You run to the bathroom and fall to the cold, hard black tiles of the floor and reach for the toilet. Lux follows in after you, "woah, are you okay?"

"Not really, no." You say, your head still hung in the toilet bowl. Your memories are becoming clearer, Montague's hand climbing your thigh, the feeling of his wet lips colliding with your cheek, your terror as you can't escape his grip. Then his eyes. Not Montague's, of course. No, Malfoy's. You play it over and over again in your head with each heave of your chest until you have nothing left in you. Lux is still there rubbing your back. You sit up and turn to face her, as she hands you an empty glass, tapping it with her wand so it fills with cold water. "Thank you for sitting with me." You say as you start to stand up, taking a sip from the glass thankfully.

"Of course, what are friends for if they can't hold your hair back while you spew your ring up?" You look at her, a smile playing on your lips. You let out a stifled laugh. "Are you sure you're okay, Bec? Nothing happened last night, did it?" Well, nothing had actually happened. Thank god for Malfoy, you think. God, who would have known you'd be thanking God for Malfoy. You roll your eyes as Lux points you a confused look at your silence.

"Well," you keep your gaze locked with hers for a few seconds. "Just Montague being a complete arse. He was trying to force himself on me and-"

"WHAT?!"

"Lux, listen to me, just relax!" You're grabbing for her arms trying to get her to concentrate on you. Much to your relief, it works.

"Are you okay? Oh my god, do you need to see Madam Pomfrey? We're going straight to Dumbledore and then I'm going to kick Montague's arse into next week."

"Lux, calm down, he didn't do anything. He couldn't because, well..."

"Well... what?" She searches your eyes for a moment, as though she can find the answers if she searches for long enough.

"Well it's actually a funny story," you laugh a little, suddenly feeling uncomfortable about telling her how Malfoy had saved you.

"Funny? Rebecca, what about this could be funny?" Oh god, you know she's being serious when she uses your full name.

"It was Malfoy, he.." you trail off, and slump onto the edge of the bath tub. "He kind of... saved me?"

"Malfoy? But, why? He hates you!"

"Yeah, believe me. I know that it doesn't make sense. I couldn't believe it when he punched him. I kind of just sat there, staring at him in disbelief."

"Wait, Malfoy, the boy who has hated and ridiculed you every day for the past four years, hit Montague... for you?"

Silence emits the bathroom as you both kind of stare at each other, trying to work out the events of last night.

"Well, yeah, I guess he did. But anybody would have done that if they saw what he saw. Right?"

"Well, yeah, any normal, sane person would. But Malfoy? No, he enjoys seeing others in pain. Especially people he hates."

You ponder the suggestion from Lux. This is not what you needed on your first day. You both begin to get ready for the day ahead, pushing the thought of Malfoy out of your head. You jump in the shower, cleaning the remnants of last night away. You scrub at your skin in the places he touched you. Your thighs, your waist, your cheek with his sloppy lips. You scrub until your skin is red and Lux is banging on the bathroom door to check on you. You hop out, using magic to style your hair in a slicked back, low pony and simple makeup. Blush, mascara and a pink lipgloss. You step out the bathroom to an awaiting Lux, who is looking you over as if to make sure you're real.

"I'm okay, honestly. I just want to forget about it and get to class."

"Okay, but we have to get some breakfast first. And you're sitting next to me."

You smile at her and walk hand in hand out of the dorm and through the common room. Montague is sitting in the corner, nursing a black eye and split eyebrow. He looks at you and quickly glances away, garnering a black look from Lux. You're grateful that's all she gives him. You both continue on to the Great Hall.

The hustle and bustle of the hall is a welcome distraction from your thoughts, and you take a seat at the table, grabbing eggs, bacon and toast. You take a sip of your pumpkin juice and your eyes wander the hall, falling on his. Those grey piercing eyes. He's staring right at you. You can't peel your eyes away from his, they look different. He's not staring at you with his usual distaste, it's not the same. Is it anger? Disgust? No, no it's concern. He's concerned.

"Good morning Becca, how's the head this morning?" Your thoughts are disturbed by Nott, who takes his seat next to Malfoy.

"Not too bad, I didn't puke last night if you didn't notice" you say with a small smile at your lips. Nott looks at you, impressed. He goes to open his mouth to respond, but Lux beats him to it.

"No, she didn't. Just this morning" Lux teases, throwing a small piece of toast at you. You roll your eyes at her, laughing.

After breakfast you head down to potions, your favourite subject. You arrive there hand in hand with Lux, finding most of the seats are full. Your eyes scan for two free seats together, all you see in the full class are two free seats, but they aren't together. One is next to Montague, your palms start to sweat. Lux is trying to drag you into the classroom, she turns when she realises you aren't budging.

"What is it, what's wrong?" She says, turning back to look at you.

"I- I can't. I can't sit next to him." 

"It's fine Bec, just breathe." She says, realising that there's a free seat next to Montague. "I'll sit there, if he tries anything I'll sock him one right in the jaw. You take the other seat." Your breathing begins to slow, your heart rate returning to normal.

"Okay, okay. Thank you." You say with a quick, one handed hug, beginning to look for the other seat. Oh no. Seriously? Could your luck be any worse?

Your eyes fall to the person sitting next to the only free seat in the class. That head of platinum blond hair. The one that saved you last night.

You approach the table, setting your bag down and grabbing your potions textbook. You turn to look at him, his gaze ahead. You place your text book on the table and grab a strand of your hair, twirling it in your fingers.

"Uhm, I wanted to thank you. You know, for helping me, last night." He turns to look at you now. His gaze falls to your finger that is entwined in your hair. His eyes snap up to meet yours.

"I didn't do that to help you, I just wanted to smack Montague one. Never could stand him."

"Oh, yeah, of course. But thank you, anyway." His gaze holds yours for a few moments more, before Snape bursts into the classroom gathering everyone's attention.

You try to focus on what Snape is saying, but your attention is pulled away as your thigh brushes against Malfoy's, and the heat rushes to your cheeks. Your reflexes automatically move your leg away from his, but you find when you lose the contact with him, you begin to crave for more.

TRIGGER WARNING- REFERENCE TI SEXUAL ASSAULT

Hi! If you could vote/comment/share it would probs make my day. 💕