18

YOU AND LUX FIND AN EMPTY compartment and go inside, sitting down and sharing some Bertie's Botts Beans, the same as every year. Except this time it's just the two of you.

"Where's Blaise?" You ask, watching her expression fall as she suddenly seems nervous.

"He's um, he's with..." she trails off.

"Oh." You nod, understanding. "Okay." You both fall silent for a moment.

"What are you going to do?" She asks. You lift your head to look at her, starting to nervously play with your hair.

"I have no idea." You say, your heart becoming heavy. She reaches out and holds your hand as you smile warmly at her.

After a little while, you stand up and try to take your mind off your thoughts of Draco. "I'm going to go change into my robes." You say, grabbing your bag and heading towards the loo. You pass a compartment and see Pansy sitting in with Daphne, she sees you and a slow, smug smile creeps onto her face. Your brows furrow in confusion, until you see him sitting opposite her. You stop in your tracks, your stomach knotting as you can feel your breakfast rising back up in your throat. You feel the familiar sting of tears coming behind your eyes, as you turn and quickly walk back to your compartment with Lux.

"What a tosser!" Lux says, pacing backwards and forwards in the compartment. "And Blaise too, what the fuck? Traitorous bastards. I'm going to hex the both of them into oblivion. And Parkinson too."

"You don't think he's like, with her, do you?" You ask her the question that has been swirling in your brain since you saw them in the compartment. She stops pacing and looks at you.

"He wouldn't." She says with certainty, narrowing her eyes. "What is going on with him?!" She's almost shouting now. "Wait until I get my hands around his scrawny little neck." She's pacing again.

This continues until you arrive at Hogwarts, neither of you having changed into your robes. She storms off the train, pulling you along with her, until you reach the carriages. She climbs up into one and as you sit beside her, Nott climbs in opposite both of you.

"Well, at least one of you know where your loyalties lie." Lux says to Nott, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Hey, I'm an impartial party. I'm Switzerland, okay?" He says, holding his hands up in surrender. He looks to you, now. Placing a hand on your leg. "Are you okay, Havelock?"

"No, she is not. What the fuck is he doing with her?" Lux speaks for you.

"With who?"

"Don't act stupid, Theodore." She always used full first names when she was frustrated. "You know who."

"She just came in the compartment and sat down, I don't know what's going on with them. IF anything's even going on with them. Honestly."

Lux seems to believe him and lets it go. The carriage ride to Hogwarts is made easier by Nott, he always knew how to make you smile. You arrive at The Great Hall and take a seat at the Slytherin table. You three are the first of your group to sit down. Followed by Crabbe & Goyle, then Pansy & Daphne who glare at you. You can feel the adrenaline in your body as you refuse to back down to them, giving them the same look of disgust they are giving you. They are the first to look away as they sit down, before Blaise appears and sits next to Lux. You can hear them whispering and fighting with each other, and as Lux begins to raise her voice you reach out and grab her hand. She looks to you as you smile and say, "not now. Don't give them the satisfaction." She must agree with you as she stops arguing with him. The only person not here, was Draco. Where was he?