26

YOU AND DRACO ARE FINISHING getting ready, as you add red lipstick that matches your dress. Draco straightens his blazer, buttoning one button and then throws a mint into his mouth, kissing you on the head. The familiar smell of peppermint engulfs you.

"That dress looks really great on you." He wraps his arms around your waist. "I bet it looks even better off of you." He whispers in your ear, pressing his lips against you and making the hairs on your neck stand up.

"No, we don't have time for this right now!" You escape his grip as he follows after you towards the door.

"Are you sure? I mean, not even like 10 minutes?"

"10 minutes, hmm?" You wrap your hands around his neck and kiss him gently, leaving a faint stain of red on his lips. He goes to lean back in for another kiss, nodding his head in agreement, as you open the door and move to the side, dodging his kiss.

"Not fair, Bec! You little tease." He walks past you and glances to the side, looking you up and down as he bites his lip and raises his eyebrow.

You follow him out his dorm, about to close the door. "Oh, wait, I forgot my bag. I'll meet you in the common room."

"Okay, love." He plants a kiss on your cheek and heads downstairs as you run back into his dorm and grab your bag, you run to the bedside table and open the top draw, grabbing a vial and dropping it in your bag. You hurry towards the common room and see him standing there, waiting for you, with a glass of firewhiskey in his hand. You saunter over to him and take the glass from his hand, taking a sip and placing it on the table.

"Come on, we have to get going."

"Hey, if you're not going to fuck me at least let me get drunk." He smirks at you, grabbing your hand and leading you out of the common room. You loved how he still made you feel nervous around him.

You both step in to the room of requirement, managing to get there without anyone asking any questions.

"Okay, don't be mad, but I brought something that I thought would help us." Draco says, opening the door to the vanishing cabinet and revealing a bird inside.

"What? When did you come here? And why have you brought that little bird?" He shuts the door to the cabinet, trapping the bird inside.

"I came last period when I said I was going to the bathroom. Does it really matter? And also, I thought it would be a better idea to practice on a bird before using a human."

"Fair point, but..." you look back to the cabinet, your heart stings at the thought of anything happening to the bird because of you.

"Bec, it's okay. Just go stand over there and don't look." He points to a stack of tables not far from where he was.

"Okay." You back away, and turn around. Crossing your fingers that the bird would be okay.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus."

You hear the vanishing cabinet door opening. Silence. "Well? What happened?" You ask.

"It-it worked." Draco says, letting out a breath of laughter.

"It did?" You turn and walk towards him. The vanishing cabinet is empty. He closes the door.