35

"GOOD EVENING, DRACO." LUCIUS greeted Draco while sat at the head of the marble table, your father seated just next to him. He didn't even acknowledge you as you stood beside Draco, holding his hand.

"Hello, father." Draco responds coldly.

"Bec," your father stands and begins gingerly walking towards you, "how are you?"

"How am I?" You narrow your eyes at him. "I'm fantastic, thanks for asking." You respond, sarcastically. You push the sleeves of your jumper up, revealing the dark mark on your arm and making sure he is able to see it, then intertwining your fingers with Draco's once again.

Your father flinches at the sight of the snake wriggling on your skin, but he doesn't mention it. "As long as you're okay, that's all that matters." He walks closer to you and puts an arm around you, pulling you into a hug. You cling tight to Draco's hand as your father holds you. You feel your skin crawl as his hands wrap around your shoulders, you couldn't see the man who you thought was your father anymore. He disgusted you, and for the first time, you understood the cold relationship between Draco and his father.

"The dark Lord will arrive soon." Lucius announces, still sat at the head of the table. You all walk towards the table, taking a seat. Your father and Draco on either side of Lucius, and you next to Draco. He keeps hold of your hand under the table, running his thumb over the back of your hand in an attempt to soothe you.

You look between Lucius and your father, your father always had short dark hair, and wore glasses. He was always well presented, in dark suits and ties. He was well respected in the wizarding community. But as you look at them both now, two men you had once looked up to, you see how different they look. They both looked thinner, the bags under their eyes heavy and dark. Their hair was thinner, receding and messy.

You're distracted from your thoughts as you hear a cackling come from the hall outside, as Bellatrix opens the door and walks in. Followed by Greyback, Snape, the Carrows and Yaxley. She looks you all up and down as she takes a seat opposite you, next to your father.

"Havelock." She acknowledges your father with a nod, before smirking at you as you see her tongue running along her yellow teeth.

"Good evening, Bellatrix." Your father nods politely back to her.

Greyback sits next to you, as you feel yourself lean closer to Draco. He lets go of your hand and snakes it around your back, holding onto your waist, as if trying to show everyone that you were his and you weren't to be touched. You begin to fiddle with the ring on your finger nervously. No one said another word as you all waited for Voldemort to appear.

You hear the family cracking sound of disapparation and suddenly he is there, standing at the bottom of the table, a whirl of black smoke disappearing to reveal the snake like man.

He looks around the room, observing all of you. "Lucius!" He hisses. "I believe you are sitting in my chair." Lucius looks around, his eyes falling on you then Draco, his cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

"Yes, my Lord." He rises and goes to move seats further down the table. Voldemort slithers over, intercepting his movement with his arm outstretched.

"I shall require your wand, Lucius." He holds out his hand, palm up.

Lucius begrudgingly hands his wand over and places it in his awaiting grasp. Voldemort wraps his hand around the length of the wand, examining the snake head cane it had always been attached to. He holds it in two hands, snapping the wand from the cane, causing Lucius to visibly flinch, before taking his seat next to Yaxley.

Voldemort takes his seat at the head of the table. This time it was Draco's turn to lean closer to you, as he subtly shuffles along in his seat, gripping tighter onto you. You look to him out the corner of your eye, seeing an expression of pure fear painted on his face. Your heart drops at the sight of him.