Chapter Nine

BRIAR'S POV

So suspicious...

"Where did you hear that thing" He said not even a question. Hindi ko rin mabasa kong ano ang mga iniisip nya, but i can say na naging mas seryoso ito dun.

"F-from Mathew" I stammered. Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit pero kinakabahan talaga ako. Not to mention that his presence is somewhat scary.

Matagal ito bago makasagot, kaya nilamon kami ng katahimikan. His just watching and staring at me with those cold eyes. Too lifeless for such a living thing. I don't know too, kung sinusukat nya ako or whatever his thinking right now by looking at me.

"Are you sure you want to know all of this? Are you ready and prepared on what might come, by me answering that question of yours, querida? Because if you aren't, then your better off not knowing it. The thing you asked is something dangerous, you see. Once I told you whatever that name is for, there's no way for you to turn back. So make a decision that you won't regret" He said firmly. Eyeing me more intensely with his green lifeless eyes.

I gulp. I don't know what to say. The way na sabihin nya yun ay parang pumapasok ako sa napaka dilim at lalim na kweba, kung saan never na ulit akong makakalabas once na pumasok ako. Ano? Anong gagawin ko? Ready na ba ako? For this? Paano kung—bahala na nga. Hindi naman siguro ako mamamatay sa sasabihin nya.

Here goes nothing.

"Yes... i am ready for this" Buntong hiningang sagot ko. Naningkit naman ang mata nya dun. He didn't respond abruptly. Instead ay nakita ko itong kumuha ng red wine at nagsalinun sa baso. Hindi ko naman inalis ang mga mata ko sa bawat pag galaw nya. Lalo na sa pag galaw ng mga labi nya who's now seeping a wine. Ang mga labing kanina lang ay asa balikat ko and making me crazy.

"That's my name Briar... I'm Isaac Death Xyontenier. I'm a Mafia Boss..." He suddenly said. Explaining much more to it, na hindi ko agad nagets kahit apakasimple ng sinabi nya. It was so sudden at hindi agad ako makapag isip.

"What...? '' Natanong ko na lang. Totally caught off guard. I didn't expect that one coming.

"Yes... Nice meeting you Doctor Briar Cloudine Montien. Looking forward for working with you" He greeted a simple formality. Though, his gaze never leaving mine. Inaabangan ang kung anong magiging reaction ko.

I blink. Stared at him mindlessly as i memorize every corner of his face. Naguguluhan ako sa mga sinabi nya, and I'm looking for proof na hindi totoo ang mga sinabi nya. I don't want to believe it. But his eyes failed to show me what I'm looking for. Making me dizzy. Wala. Wala akong mabasa sa mga mata nya. His saying the truth. He lied to me. Kaya pala ganito nalang sya kayaman. Kaya pala....

I'm being fooled for nothing but danger again. Bakit lahat nalang ba ng taong mahahalaga sa akin ay pinapaikot ako?Deceiving me! Playing with my emotions and feelings. Ganun ba ako kadaling maloko?

Mag paka totoo ka nga sa sarili mo Briar, for once. Your just starting to like him, but now you know you can't like him. Not anymore at this point. His too dangerous to be with. He can kill you anytime he wants, when he have the mood on killing you. And that is just so sick. You can't accept the fact na your liking a man that kill's a person's life, that you've been saving so far and somehow.

You are angry sa fact na niloko ka nila. Na nag sinungaling sila sayo. Umasa ka sa taong kailangan ka, nothing but for his bad and wrong doings. You hope for nothing but danger. Your here to be a life saver for a criminal and you can't just accept that. Oh, his not just a simple criminal but an actual Mafia Boss, on that matter.

He kills people, but you save people. Bawal kayo! Totally opposite!

My inner self said. Smashing me with the reality so hard. Ni hindi ko na nga namalayang umiiyak na ako. Not because his a killer. I'm crying because I can't accept the fact that I was fooled and his been lying to since. I'm crying because we're too different that I couldn't see at least a single similarities between us, that can somehow gave me hope and chance to be with him.