continuation

EPHRAIM'S (DEATH) POV

After Briar left my room, Mathew came in. I ignored him and help myself to walk towards my double dresser to get something to wear.

"We're is she?" I ask, not looking at him while fixing my self. Humarap ako sa kanya at naabutan ko itong may tinitingnan sa relo nya.

"She's on the bathroom" Mathew answers, after looking at his watch. I just nodded.

Well, about that. Our watch contain a small tracking device kaya sa pamamagitan nun ay nasasabi nya kung asan si Briar.

"But anyway Death, I saw a mark on her neck. Did you made that? " He ask. Tumango lang ako dun and saying nothing more.

"Hmm I see. But I think you over did it.." Makahulugang komento pa nito. Tumingin naman ako sa kanya at kinunutan sya ng nuo.

"What do you mean?" I confusedly ask. Raising an eyebrow at him.

"I saw that part of her bleeding earlier" He answered, shrugging his shoulders off.

"What? How come? Is her skin that sensitive?" I blurted out stunned, but it's more on to myself.

Damn... That's why she's in pain earlier... I did not notice at. I thought she's just struggling to get away from me.

"Maybe. But nevertheless, Whats your plan Death? She'll be staying here from now on, and sooner and later enemy will find out about her existence. I just hope na hindi ka nag padalos dalos Death" He seriously said. There's a hint of grimace on his voice.

His totally against on's briar being here. I wonder why...

"I'm not Mathew. Everything is under control. I don't even know why are so bothered about this stuffs, when our goal is clearly to hunt Lucas down. With or without Briar. She's out from our business" I responded, while pouring myself a drink.

"And what if she find out our business?--"

"Why are you so triggered by her existence Mathew? Tell me honestly. Is there something I need to know?" I interrupted him, not wanting to hear another debate from him as i stared at him dangerously. I saw how his jaw line move before averting his eyes. It's an indication na his being pissed but restrained it.

"I'll answer that honestly. She's just going to be a burden to us Death. Magiging pabigat lang sya! You brought her here because she's a doctor. We won't worry about going to a hospital if ever something happened. I get it, alright. But still, this is too risky decision of yours. Taking an outsider in. Sa tingin mo ba ay hindi sya mag hihinala sa mga kilos natin? Ikaw narin mismo ang nag sabi na hindi sya basta bastang babae lang! So why the hell are you still keeping her here?" Mahabang pahayag ni Mathew. His expression hard while his features are in complex situation. Dinala ko naman sa aking labi ang hawak kong goblet and taste the wine on it. My gaze never leaving his.

"She'll be replacing Lucas for good" I said with my mini tone voice. As expected ay na shocked ito saglit sa sinabi ko, before totally went ballistic about it.

"What!? That's a crazy shit Death! Ikaw mismo ang gumawa ng batas na bawal ang babae sa grupo natin after what happened 11 years ago. And replacing Lucas? For what? Maybe he has a deep reason for turning his back at you. You know na this is just a misunderstanding between the both of you! Why can't you at least encourage that fact?" He blurted out. Nakasulat sa mukha nito ang pag kagalit sa sinabi ko, na para bang I committed something hell to get worked up for.

"Don't you dare mention that thing to me, Mathew. And your right, I am the one who made the law myself, so i have pretty much right to just change it too" I said. Tumalim ang mga maya ko dahil sa sinabi nya.